Used 1995 Geo Prizm Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Great little car
By umr70

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

When I got this car I wasn't sure what to expect. I have been more than pleasantly surprised! Very dependable, great mileage, low maintenance, low insurance rate, and fun to drive. It now has over 192,000 miles on it. It will comfortably cruise at 75 mph with ease and as long as i keep the speed and rpm's up it maintains very good speeds even on long hills. Besides basic maintenance, I have replaced the tires once, brakes once, and alternator twice. Unfortunately, it is starting to use more oil. Otherwise, I absolutely love the little guy.

Agile and responsive.

That it is a shame that GM no longer builds these.

Very Reliable/ Great Mileage
By MacBob

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Bought it used in 2001 and still running strong. No leaks, still cold a/c, great mileage. Wife gave it to me after she bought Ford Focus last year. Geo has been more reliable than her Focus. Getting old but couldn't let go of it so just had new paint job. Looks great. One of best cars ever owned.

Gas mileage, styling, easy to work on, extremely reliable.

Stock radio not very good. Would like bigger engine and 4 speed automatic vs. 3 speed automatic but not a big deal.

Like a Good Friend
By KD in FL

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I love this car! (As much as it is possible to love an inanimate object.) Previous rental purchased in 1996 with 11,000 miles. Now at 104K. Smooth, comfortable ride (except on very long trips) Great gas milage even now at about 25mpg. Very agile, easy to maneuver and park. Classy interior for an economy car. I like that the rear view mirror is attached to the headliner, not the windshield. Aside from routine maintenance, it's had new brakes, timing belt and a small oil leak. Replaced lock on front pass door, one front a/c/ vent is propped up. All in all a very reliable car. I wish they were still being made. Would definitely buy again (but with power options this time)

Smooth ride and comfortable seats; body style held up well over time; good rear visibility, not like the high-back cars of today.

More horsepower (have to turn off a/c when merging onto highway); needs intermittent wipers and trunk release.

It just keeps going
By It just keeps going

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

We got the car new in 1995. It's been passed down 4 times in the family. I still got it now and it's running good. Every thing you can name is new under the hood but not the motor and trans. I drive 36,000 a year. I got 260,000 miles on it so if you looking for a use car to buy this is the one. I will let you readers know when I'm at 275,000

reliability, good on gas

i wish they wouldd make more

love my car
By lookin into a newer

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

It's thirteen years old and can keep up with the newer cars that are on the road. When I bought I drove it to college, an internship, and work. The odometer read 36,000 miles. Now it reads 135,000 and I love my little car.