Used 1995 Geo Prizm Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Best. Car. EVAR.
By Susan Bea

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

Bought used in March 97 in NJ with 25K miles. It's made it with me everywhere to this day & now has 182K. It's never let me down. Moved from CT to Oregon in the summer of 2008, and without hesitation I drove it across the country. Put over 6K miles on it in 10 days in 100 degree weather & over the mountains in Colorado. I can't say enough good things about it! Sure it's old now, and the paint looks bad. The moonroof and trunk get a little leaky. I've had to replace the starter & things wore out from old age & use.. BUT IT STILL RUNS RELIABLY EVERY DAY! Sadly, it's spoiled me rotten, because I realize no car I ever own again in life will last me 12.5 years (and counting!) like my Geo.

I have never met anyone with a daily driver that lasted them 12.5 years and counting, and never (knock wood) left them stuck anywhere.

Make more? Please?

Farewell Trusted Friend
By brooktroutchaser

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This is a farewell; I am selling my Prizm after some twelve years. It has been reliable and cheap. The next owner should enjoy many more years of service. It has but 128,800 miles. However, I bought a slightly used '05 Scion Xa, so it is time to part ways. The Prizm has served me well, never let me down, and I'll certainly miss her. She has a hum in the dash she didn't have before, but still drives well. I hope her next owner gives her an oil change every 3000 miles and hand waxes her as I've done.

Good ride, solid and reliable.

The seats are a tad low, and of course it is none too powerful.

Hurray for Geo
By Hurray for Geo

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Excellent little car that was always there as we went through other cars. The little geo was a work horse and we are passing it on to our nephew to use. Great fun little car that ran smooth. 210,000 miles replacing the engine so that we can keep it.

Stick shift and clutch were the best to teach new drivers. Free wheel was excellent for coasting.

Tape deck gave out, oh well. Cancer on exterior, but still in excellent shape!

The BEST car ever !!!!
By Fernando

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

Purchased a new Geo Prizm, LSI, 95, in March 1995. As of April 2009, it has 279,000 miles. I do love this car for its reliability, easy handling, fuel economy, and no nonsense style (does not have unnecessary things that most people do not use or do not need). I have seen the newer cars (Acura TSX) and, given the age of my Prizm, I was thinking that it was about time to give up my Geo. However, recently a lady hit my car and broke the back bumper, which gave me the opportunity to paint my Prizm back to its original color and shine. The love for this car came back. There is no way I am giving up a reliable and fun to drive car that has given me 279,000 miles and 14 years of solid driving.

RELIABILITY, no nonsense style (it does not have nonsense features that most people do not need), handling, and fuel economy.

It is a shame that GM discontinued the Geo. It is the most reliable car they ever produced. In this era of high gas prices they would have made a killing with one of the most reliable and fuel efficient car on the road.

I love this car
By Gizz4mo1

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car in 1995 used with 10k miles on it. I grew up in this car and now I drive it. It's a great machine. It now has over 350,000 miles on it. It needs some repairs, but it still gets me from point a to point b with little trouble. It's kinda a pain in the summer though... I can't use the a/c or the car will stall, and it has problems starting in the summer. Also, if I come to a complete stop, I have to hold the gas down a bit and keep it flowing or the car will stall. I've also had to replace the timing belt, tensioner, dist. Cap, door handles, oil pump, fuel pump, fuel line, and I had to weld a hole shut in the gas tank. Even with all these problems, I still love it.