1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Farewell Trusted Friend
By brooktroutchaser on 07/04/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This is a farewell; I am selling my Prizm after some twelve years. It has been reliable and cheap. The next owner should enjoy many more years of service. It has but 128,800 miles. However, I bought a slightly used '05 Scion Xa, so it is time to part ways. The Prizm has served me well, never let me down, and I'll certainly miss her. She has a hum in the dash she didn't have before, but still drives well. I hope her next owner gives her an oil change every 3000 miles and hand waxes her as I've done.

Hurray for Geo
By Hurray for Geo on 05/14/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Excellent little car that was always there as we went through other cars. The little geo was a work horse and we are passing it on to our nephew to use. Great fun little car that ran smooth. 210,000 miles replacing the engine so that we can keep it.

The BEST car ever !!!!
By Fernando on 04/12/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

Purchased a new Geo Prizm, LSI, 95, in March 1995. As of April 2009, it has 279,000 miles. I do love this car for its reliability, easy handling, fuel economy, and no nonsense style (does not have unnecessary things that most people do not use or do not need). I have seen the newer cars (Acura TSX) and, given the age of my Prizm, I was thinking that it was about time to give up my Geo. However, recently a lady hit my car and broke the back bumper, which gave me the opportunity to paint my Prizm back to its original color and shine. The love for this car came back. There is no way I am giving up a reliable and fun to drive car that has given me 279,000 miles and 14 years of solid driving.

I love this car
By Gizz4mo1 on 03/30/09 16:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car in 1995 used with 10k miles on it. I grew up in this car and now I drive it. It's a great machine. It now has over 350,000 miles on it. It needs some repairs, but it still gets me from point a to point b with little trouble. It's kinda a pain in the summer though... I can't use the a/c or the car will stall, and it has problems starting in the summer. Also, if I come to a complete stop, I have to hold the gas down a bit and keep it flowing or the car will stall. I've also had to replace the timing belt, tensioner, dist. Cap, door handles, oil pump, fuel pump, fuel line, and I had to weld a hole shut in the gas tank. Even with all these problems, I still love it.

Great little car
By umr70 on 01/06/09 00:25 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

When I got this car I wasn't sure what to expect. I have been more than pleasantly surprised! Very dependable, great mileage, low maintenance, low insurance rate, and fun to drive. It now has over 192,000 miles on it. It will comfortably cruise at 75 mph with ease and as long as i keep the speed and rpm's up it maintains very good speeds even on long hills. Besides basic maintenance, I have replaced the tires once, brakes once, and alternator twice. Unfortunately, it is starting to use more oil. Otherwise, I absolutely love the little guy.

Very Reliable/ Great Mileage
By MacBob on 12/27/08 14:06 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Bought it used in 2001 and still running strong. No leaks, still cold a/c, great mileage. Wife gave it to me after she bought Ford Focus last year. Geo has been more reliable than her Focus. Getting old but couldn't let go of it so just had new paint job. Looks great. One of best cars ever owned.

Like a Good Friend
By KD in FL on 12/27/08 13:38 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I love this car! (As much as it is possible to love an inanimate object.) Previous rental purchased in 1996 with 11,000 miles. Now at 104K. Smooth, comfortable ride (except on very long trips) Great gas milage even now at about 25mpg. Very agile, easy to maneuver and park. Classy interior for an economy car. I like that the rear view mirror is attached to the headliner, not the windshield. Aside from routine maintenance, it's had new brakes, timing belt and a small oil leak. Replaced lock on front pass door, one front a/c/ vent is propped up. All in all a very reliable car. I wish they were still being made. Would definitely buy again (but with power options this time)

It just keeps going
By It just keeps going on 05/21/08 01:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

We got the car new in 1995. It's been passed down 4 times in the family. I still got it now and it's running good. Every thing you can name is new under the hood but not the motor and trans. I drive 36,000 a year. I got 260,000 miles on it so if you looking for a use car to buy this is the one. I will let you readers know when I'm at 275,000

love my car
By lookin into a newer on 04/06/08 05:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

It's thirteen years old and can keep up with the newer cars that are on the road. When I bought I drove it to college, an internship, and work. The odometer read 36,000 miles. Now it reads 135,000 and I love my little car.

distributor cap or fuel line??
By robin on 03/27/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I've been dealing with an ongoing problem with my 1995 Geo Prizm that is beginning to make driving no fun! The problem? The car turns over and over, but will not start. Eventually it will turn over and start, and then it's o.k for about 3-4 days. Just checking under the hood I saw sparks off the distributor cap. Could this be the problem? Does the distributor cap prevent the car from starting?