Used 1995 Geo Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Very reliable car!
By kf41 on 03/11/15 10:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 10 years ago not expecting it to last this long. It had 63k miles when I bought it and now has close to 120k mile now. This car is very reliable and starts on the coldest mornings. If you take care of it, it will take care of you and this car has done that. I wish Chevy still made these cars because I would buy another one at the drop of a hat!

What a CAR !!!!!
By faraaz on 11/28/13 06:12 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have been reading reviews of many owners of this car and it seems this simple car just makes a place in your heart. Just like many other owners, I cannot think of parting away from this car. This car has really been like a reliable partner. I have 5 spd stick shift and It just turned 200K miles and boy that was a proud moment for both of us. It is amazing how such a simple car can be so good and reliable. This is one tough car which looks not so tough. Just regular oil changes, Timing Belt change, Fuel Filter change and tune ups, changed the alternator and Starter once and this car is still going strong. Wish they could make cars like these more.

1995 1.8 5-speed sedan
By bobbluesea on 04/30/13 19:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

279,000 care-free miles.... Excellent quality!

I bought this car in 1998..:)
By cmoonandstars1 on 12/22/12 18:11 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

Still running..and runs great!!!!!! It has had a few dings but always starts like a top. When I originally purchased this car..I did a though evaluation..it seemed a TREAT choice..and indeed it WAS. 13 years old and running strong.

The BEST Car Ever
By portes on 11/29/11 20:19 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

My great Geo Prizm 95 LSI (automatic) just reached 300,000 trouble free miles. That is 60,000 more miles than going to the moon. No special maintenance and no special anything. Just regular oil changes. Only replaced wearable parts such as breaks, alternator, starter, and catalytic converter once or twice. Everything else has been flawless.

16 years and STILL going!
By babes60053 on 10/26/11 11:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

LUV LUV LUV this car!!..just turned 159,000 miles..she goes like a champ! i would DEF buy another 1 if they still made them! they NEED to bring them back iin production!!..my husband said i could have a new car-"no thank you-i luv this 1 2 much"..lol i REFUSE to give it up-trade it in-or sell it-Im taking it with me!..LOL

Amazing Little Car
By lenorek on 08/13/11 07:55 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I got this car for 2200 dollars after my (terrible) Saturn SL1 was rear ended into oblivion. I expected it would be good for a little while until I bought a "real car". Was I wrong, it was a GREAT car. with sixteen years and nearly 180K miles, it has needed very few things. Granted, it was a one owner vehicle and the person who had it maintained it meticulously. Still, I think it is very impressive that a car that retailed for around 14K in 1985 has only had one alternator replacement, one new set of brakes, front ball joint replacements and a wheel well repair. I also opted to change the timing belt. I have my Corolla now, gave Geo to my husband but I highly recommend this car.

Great car
By OLD RED on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

Beside the paint fading great car wish they would bring it back I would buy it again

The Car that Won't Die
By Danny McGirr on 08/13/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Purchased for $2000 with 149k on it, and have driven it a lot since purchased. Consistently gets 41 - 42 mpg on highway trips. Have driven from Washington to Utah, to Oklahoma, to California, and never had a problem. Drives smooth and is super reliable.

Best Car Ever
By Jan Sanders on 08/12/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 12 years ago and until recently (111,000 miles) I have not done anything but oil changes and the usual things that you'd expect to be done. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned and I wish they were still being made.