1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
What a CAR !!!!!
By faraaz on 11/28/13 06:12 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I have been reading reviews of many owners of this car and it seems this simple car just makes a place in your heart. Just like many other owners, I cannot think of parting away from this car. This car has really been like a reliable partner. I have 5 spd stick shift and It just turned 200K miles and boy that was a proud moment for both of us. It is amazing how such a simple car can be so good and reliable. This is one tough car which looks not so tough. Just regular oil changes, Timing Belt change, Fuel Filter change and tune ups, changed the alternator and Starter once and this car is still going strong. Wish they could make cars like these more.

I bought this car in 1998..:)
By cmoonandstars1 on 12/22/12 18:11 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Still running..and runs great!!!!!! It has had a few dings but always starts like a top. When I originally purchased this car..I did a though evaluation..it seemed a TREAT choice..and indeed it WAS. 13 years old and running strong.

Great car
By OLD RED on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Beside the paint fading great car wish they would bring it back I would buy it again

Best Car Ever
By Jan Sanders on 08/12/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 12 years ago and until recently (111,000 miles) I have not done anything but oil changes and the usual things that you'd expect to be done. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned and I wish they were still being made.

Farewell Trusted Friend
By brooktroutchaser on 07/04/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This is a farewell; I am selling my Prizm after some twelve years. It has been reliable and cheap. The next owner should enjoy many more years of service. It has but 128,800 miles. However, I bought a slightly used '05 Scion Xa, so it is time to part ways. The Prizm has served me well, never let me down, and I'll certainly miss her. She has a hum in the dash she didn't have before, but still drives well. I hope her next owner gives her an oil change every 3000 miles and hand waxes her as I've done.

Hurray for Geo
By Hurray for Geo on 05/14/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Excellent little car that was always there as we went through other cars. The little geo was a work horse and we are passing it on to our nephew to use. Great fun little car that ran smooth. 210,000 miles replacing the engine so that we can keep it.

I love this car
By Gizz4mo1 on 03/30/09 16:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car in 1995 used with 10k miles on it. I grew up in this car and now I drive it. It's a great machine. It now has over 350,000 miles on it. It needs some repairs, but it still gets me from point a to point b with little trouble. It's kinda a pain in the summer though... I can't use the a/c or the car will stall, and it has problems starting in the summer. Also, if I come to a complete stop, I have to hold the gas down a bit and keep it flowing or the car will stall. I've also had to replace the timing belt, tensioner, dist. Cap, door handles, oil pump, fuel pump, fuel line, and I had to weld a hole shut in the gas tank. Even with all these problems, I still love it.

Great little car
By umr70 on 01/06/09 00:25 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

When I got this car I wasn't sure what to expect. I have been more than pleasantly surprised! Very dependable, great mileage, low maintenance, low insurance rate, and fun to drive. It now has over 192,000 miles on it. It will comfortably cruise at 75 mph with ease and as long as i keep the speed and rpm's up it maintains very good speeds even on long hills. Besides basic maintenance, I have replaced the tires once, brakes once, and alternator twice. Unfortunately, it is starting to use more oil. Otherwise, I absolutely love the little guy.

Very Reliable/ Great Mileage
By MacBob on 12/27/08 14:06 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Bought it used in 2001 and still running strong. No leaks, still cold a/c, great mileage. Wife gave it to me after she bought Ford Focus last year. Geo has been more reliable than her Focus. Getting old but couldn't let go of it so just had new paint job. Looks great. One of best cars ever owned.

Like a Good Friend
By KD in FL on 12/27/08 13:38 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I love this car! (As much as it is possible to love an inanimate object.) Previous rental purchased in 1996 with 11,000 miles. Now at 104K. Smooth, comfortable ride (except on very long trips) Great gas milage even now at about 25mpg. Very agile, easy to maneuver and park. Classy interior for an economy car. I like that the rear view mirror is attached to the headliner, not the windshield. Aside from routine maintenance, it's had new brakes, timing belt and a small oil leak. Replaced lock on front pass door, one front a/c/ vent is propped up. All in all a very reliable car. I wish they were still being made. Would definitely buy again (but with power options this time)