Used 1995 Geo Prizm Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

What a CAR !!!!!
By faraaz

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I have been reading reviews of many owners of this car and it seems this simple car just makes a place in your heart. Just like many other owners, I cannot think of parting away from this car. This car has really been like a reliable partner. I have 5 spd stick shift and It just turned 200K miles and boy that was a proud moment for both of us. It is amazing how such a simple car can be so good and reliable. This is one tough car which looks not so tough. Just regular oil changes, Timing Belt change, Fuel Filter change and tune ups, changed the alternator and Starter once and this car is still going strong. Wish they could make cars like these more.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Need I say more

Suggested Improvements

No improvements, it has what a car should have and does not has all the bells and whistles that cause all the headaches.

I bought this car in 1998..:)
By cmoonandstars1

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Still running..and runs great!!!!!! It has had a few dings but always starts like a top. When I originally purchased this car..I did a though evaluation..it seemed a TREAT choice..and indeed it WAS. 13 years old and running strong.

Great car
By OLD RED

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Beside the paint fading great car wish they would bring it back I would buy it again

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Exterior paint

Best Car Ever
By Jan Sanders

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 12 years ago and until recently (111,000 miles) I have not done anything but oil changes and the usual things that you'd expect to be done. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned and I wish they were still being made.

Farewell Trusted Friend
By brooktroutchaser

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This is a farewell; I am selling my Prizm after some twelve years. It has been reliable and cheap. The next owner should enjoy many more years of service. It has but 128,800 miles. However, I bought a slightly used '05 Scion Xa, so it is time to part ways. The Prizm has served me well, never let me down, and I'll certainly miss her. She has a hum in the dash she didn't have before, but still drives well. I hope her next owner gives her an oil change every 3000 miles and hand waxes her as I've done.

Favorite Features

Good ride, solid and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are a tad low, and of course it is none too powerful.