Used 1994 Geo Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

you will be happy you bought it
By scanner743

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1999 when it has 104k now +200k still have the original muffler,front calibers, front shocks, fuel pump and filter same headlight bulbs, and still cold ac, really low maintenance cost new battery lasted 10 years start after one or two clicks. I bought it cheap to be my second car but my 1st car is gone and the prizm keep on ticking never gave me a reason to get rid of it. I see many prizms on the road when driving you just can't kill them. Bought 1997 prizm a year ago, the same quality

Favorite Features

quality Toyota , smooth one finger clutch shifting

Suggested Improvements

better inside door handles, they did my 1997 handles are great

Amazing Car!
By sammycartime

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this car for 5 years now and I have no complaints. I regularly drive the length of California and I've never had a problem.I also take it over many passes and through the mountains regularly. It starts every time and gets great gas mileage. For the money it's a steal. It doesn't have many interior perks, but it does everything I need.

can`t kill it
By pnut166

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

We`ve had this thing since new in `94. Pretty much stopped doing maintenance for the most part about 5 yrs ago. STILL runs PERFECT - no smoking, loss of power, doesn't use a drop of oil ( even though last oil change was about 10k ago), gets > 30mpg ! Rides and runs good as new ! 150k, still original clutch, no problems other than alternator @ 80k. Almost all door handles, knobs etc. have broken, and paint has faded, but so what! This is by far THE best car I've ever owned, hands down! It takes all the abuse I can throw at it and asks for more!

Keeps on Ticking
By RLY

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Keep thinking I need to keep an eye out for my "next" vehicle, but I realize that's stupid because this one won't die and shows no sign it ever will. Now at 138,000 miles. Multiple coast to coast trips during transfers in the Marines, three years in storage while overseas, still starts instantly, runs perfectly. 31-32 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving and over 37 mpg in pure interstate cruising at 80 mph on my last trip! Alternator is Achille's heel; had to replace at 48,000 and again when it came out of storage, but got one w/a lifetime warranty from a national repair chain and no problem since then. Handling, acceleration are far from inspiring, but adequate. The car Timex would've built.

Favorite Features

Reliability, mileage, good front seat room (I'm 6'3"), fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Alternator; VERY long reach to radio controls.

303k and still going STRONG!
By Swift

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1994 Prizm from my brother just recently, and it really has a lot of pep and EXCELLENT gas mileage. I get on average of 36-40 MPG. Coming from a 18 MPG gas hog i was really impressed. I wish they still made the Prizm. It is a very well built and reliable car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats.