1994 Geo Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Amazing Car!
By sammycartime on 03/11/13 21:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this car for 5 years now and I have no complaints. I regularly drive the length of California and I've never had a problem.I also take it over many passes and through the mountains regularly. It starts every time and gets great gas mileage. For the money it's a steal. It doesn't have many interior perks, but it does everything I need.

can`t kill it
By pnut166 on 10/25/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

We`ve had this thing since new in `94. Pretty much stopped doing maintenance for the most part about 5 yrs ago. STILL runs PERFECT - no smoking, loss of power, doesn't use a drop of oil ( even though last oil change was about 10k ago), gets > 30mpg ! Rides and runs good as new ! 150k, still original clutch, no problems other than alternator @ 80k. Almost all door handles, knobs etc. have broken, and paint has faded, but so what! This is by far THE best car I've ever owned, hands down! It takes all the abuse I can throw at it and asks for more!

Keeps on Ticking
By RLY on 10/24/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Keep thinking I need to keep an eye out for my "next" vehicle, but I realize that's stupid because this one won't die and shows no sign it ever will. Now at 138,000 miles. Multiple coast to coast trips during transfers in the Marines, three years in storage while overseas, still starts instantly, runs perfectly. 31-32 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving and over 37 mpg in pure interstate cruising at 80 mph on my last trip! Alternator is Achille's heel; had to replace at 48,000 and again when it came out of storage, but got one w/a lifetime warranty from a national repair chain and no problem since then. Handling, acceleration are far from inspiring, but adequate. The car Timex would've built.

303k and still going STRONG!
By Swift on 06/22/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1994 Prizm from my brother just recently, and it really has a lot of pep and EXCELLENT gas mileage. I get on average of 36-40 MPG. Coming from a 18 MPG gas hog i was really impressed. I wish they still made the Prizm. It is a very well built and reliable car.

The Prizm that keeps on giving!
By PRIZMLSI on 04/05/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

The car is great all around, I bought it off of my neighbor after it sat for 2 years, believe it or not all I had to do was put in a new battery and the thing started right up! Runs great. I loved driving the car so much, I got it repainted, 17" chrome rims, factory style spoiler, pinstripe, and new speakers... Still workin on it as of now. Great car, has a lot of pep.

Keep buying this car
By arielnh56 on 10/04/07 02:08 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I've had two 94 Prizm LSIs - a manual I had from new that died in an impact at 149K and the replacement which I got at 110K and is now at 170K. Both cars needed alternators, replacement CV shafts (cheap $80 each and easy to replace - gets rid of the clunking when you tap the gas), both cars stripped wheel studs, radios died and knobs break. New car distributor at 160K. Old car drank quarts of oil towards the end but I blame my lead foot for that. New one does not drink a drop. I check the valve clearances every 60k when I do the timing belt - no adjustment needed. Front wheel bearings need to be repacked and adjusted occasionally (non-ABS). This car should last forever if not crashed or thrashed.

'94 Geo
By yankdolf on 05/30/07 07:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

Awesome no frills car. This is a perfect car for new driver. Mine was a 5-speed and got great gas mileage. This was Toyota workmanship at its best. I had no major issues of any kind. A/C was ice cold, steering was awesome and it had plenty of pep with its 1.6 4-cyl. Most importantly, it is a very safe care. Mine was accordioned between two vans on the DC beltway at 50 mph. Although the car was totaled, my son and I walked away without even a scratch. The cabin area was untouched. This is the perfect point A to point B car.

I'll buy yours!!
By Okus on 02/08/07 13:33 PM (PST)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Just bought the Prizm @ 177,000 miles. Using it as a winter beater. I couldn't have picked a better car. Perfect running condition. Strong 1.6L (didn't expect that). Handles in the snow like a champ!!. Starts right up, even in the negative degrees, and trust me, in Mn, it gets well under. The 5-spd. gets great MPG. Auto windows, locks all work. Resale value is strong. People really love these cars. Looked up parts before I bought it. They are all cheap. Perfect car.

Best Small Car Ever Made
By Tom on 02/06/06 09:03 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1994 and have never had a major problem. The alternator went out around 100,000 and was replaced. I have 160,000 now and hope for 200,000. It leaks a little oil but this is from the oil pan and not the engine. It can be fixed. Always starts. I get 32 mpg and hope to drive this thing forever (now that I have a new van to pay for). The AC still works like new. The engine is as quiet as day one and it handles well on snow and ice. Left my wedding reception in this car, brought my first child home from the hospital in this car, and hope to take her to college in this car. If you ever get a chance to buy a good used one. Take it!

I miss this car
By gudly on 12/19/05 09:42 AM (PST)

1994 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this in 1998 with 55,000 knowing it was the same as the corolla but it actually looked similar to the newer body style. I traded it in at 182,000 miles in 2004 because I needed a truck. When I traded it in I was still getting the same great gas mileage when I first got it. I'm 6'2" and fit very comfortably. Side note. My wife drives a 98. It is smaller inside and we have had a number of little problems with it. (haven't even reached 100,000 on it yet)