Used 1993 Geo Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Geo Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Excellent Compnact Car
By Cargovan

1993 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car brand new. Everything was spectacular on the car as well as the performance. The car wasn't equipped with much gadget back then, as for today's car. No major headache from the car as far as the engine and transmission. This car is a Toyota Corolla Version of American. All it was needed was the routine maintain. At last with about 110,000 miles, I had to let it go. The buyer now probably still has the car.

Reliable, Durable, and Cheap!
By golfingirl

1993 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I never thought I would like this car, after having a Mercedes-Benz prior to this one. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have had the car for a year and a half and have never had to do a single repair! I drive it everyday, and I fill up my gas tank about once every three weeks, for about $28 bucks. Can't beat that! I drive it on dirt roads and tote my German shepherd in the back. Nothing phases this car!

Maintenance has been minimal. Aside from new tires and oil changes, not a single problem! I never worry about this car breaking down on me.

The backseat is snug when toting around adults, and the exterior is prone to dents from minimal impact.

A great reliable car
By great car

1993 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Prizm (1.8L 5speed) with 79,000 miles on it. I'm writing this review because it finally died. I have 244,500 miles on it and the engine still runs like new. Transmission just went out so going to retire this car. This car has never had anything but expected things needed to it (brakes, starter, etc.). This many miles and everything was still working, power windows, locks, sunroof, the air conditon. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Favorite thing was that this car started every day! I remember thinking around 150,000 that the car was probably not gonna last much longer. I have beat this car up, gone way over due on oil changes and it just keeps running and running.

The ashtray is in a really dumb place, right under the cupholders. Not bad when that's your only complaint about a car!!!

Inexpensive Transportation
By BrownEyedBrad

1993 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

This car has been extremely reliable and enjoyable to drive since I bought it. I've driven almost 15k miles in the past year and a half and it's required little maintenance considering the car's age. For a 1993, it has not shown it's age in terms of styling and reliability. The exhaust system and rocker panels, however, have succumbed to rust and require more money to repair (along with a failing speedometer and shock absorbers) than I care to have to spend and am replacing it. I've named him Zippy because it truly is a zippy little car with great features for such a low price tag, especially for a 1993!

The fit and finish of the interior is superb as well as stylish. AC blows ice cold even at 14 years old. The trunk is fairly spacious for a compact car. Gas mileage is excellent. Reliability is great. Peppy and well built. Low repair and insurance cost.

Rustproofing for wet weather. Plasticized or rubberized rocker panels. More ergonomically designed dash cluster. (Stereo sits too low.) Roomier back seat. Sturdier body panels that don't dent at low impact. Heighten ground clearance. Sportier shock absorbers.

Got a Good Deal
By prizm_SF

1993 Geo Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought my LSi used. It was two years old, but only had about 12k on it. It rides similar to a '92 Corolla, but perhaps with stiffer suspension. Interior is a little cheaper and less practical than a Corolla, but heck for $10k, I have AC, sunroof with tilt that the Corolla LE didn't have, power windows. Engine has been very reliable. It is March 07 and the engine is still fairly quiet when idling and it accelerates fairly smoothly. I did have some electrical issues - power windows malf, radio/clock lite out, speedometer busted, alternator. But it still runs confidently with minimum maintenance. If I only had $1,000 to buy a reliable used car, this would be a killer deal.

The sound that lets me know I forgot to shut off the headlights, gas mileage (25-27 avg), reliable engine.