1993 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Reliable, Durable, and Cheap!
By golfingirl on 09/01/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I never thought I would like this car, after having a Mercedes-Benz prior to this one. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have had the car for a year and a half and have never had to do a single repair! I drive it everyday, and I fill up my gas tank about once every three weeks, for about $28 bucks. Can't beat that! I drive it on dirt roads and tote my German shepherd in the back. Nothing phases this car!

Great car for the money
By pleasantly surprised on 06/27/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 2 years ago and haven't regretted it at all. I've had no problems except Ic had to replace the timing belt when the car hit 176k miles. You can ride this car into the dirt and it will still run great for you. With about 190k miles i get an average of 33 mpg (city and highway miles). This is a great car for the price.

Just WOW...
By Ryan on 11/12/05 20:45 PM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This car has been beaten on for 13 years! It has 237,000 miles on it with hardly any problems other than the body starting to rust from salt! Best longest lasting car i've seen on the road for this price! No problems! Maybe I just got lucky?

good little car
By seobarrat on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I had purchased this car used a few years ago and was amazed with the quality of this small and understated little car. At 11 years and many miles later it handles and runs great. In regards to fuel, it takes so little to money fill this little car.If you search for a little quaint and dainty car this is a gem.

Dependable
By Greg Robinson on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car. I have 89000 miles on it and hope to get another. Other than changing a starter at 64000 miles and I just changed the exhaust manifold. I would consider buying another Toyota product {This car is not a Chevy}.

Hope It Lasts Another 10 Years
By Mr. Boffo on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

Bought it in 1996 with 24000 miles on it; It now has 182,000 miles on it. Besides new brakes and tires, the only other thing I've had to replace is the starter. I change the oil every 5,000 miles; otherwise I hope it lasts another 10 years because it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Surprisingly comfortable driving it on the highway about 600 miles a week.

Pretty Good Vehicle
By Cindee on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This Geo was my fave of all my vehicles, I would DEFINATELY tell someone to buy one. I have had my jeep almost 10 years now it has broken down 1 time because of a timing belt, and that is it!!!!!!!!!!! VERY reliable vehicle, BUY ONE!

One of the family
By rayban on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

bought our Prizm just before our first child... 4 children later, and 156,000 miles of driving everywhere our Prizm is still running without problem. All we ever did is regular maintenance outside of replacing an alternator. (after 8 years) this is a very reliable car.

Kryptonite
By billyjo on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

These suckers are built to last a minimum of 10 years. I have owned other dependable cars like the original VW bug. But nothing compares to this thing.It just goes and goes. I am now at 210,000 miles. I have been waiting for the muffler to fall off for 5 years. I have been waiting for the AC compressor to fail for 7 years. The only reapirs I have made are: 1 new starter, 3 batteries, tires and oil change every 3500 miles. But in 34 years of driving this is the most amazing car I have ever had.

Runs too well to let go
By Prizm Commuter on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I want a new car, but can't justify it. This car costs almost nothing to maintain and provides reliable transportation. Bought the car new in '93 and average 10k miles a year. I get 30-32 mpg during my daily commute on local roads and 37+ on the interstate. Replaced the alternator twice (now with lifetime replacement from dealership) and the brake pads up front. I need to repair the falling headliner. Oh, and the dome light has been a pain from the beginning. I did have to replace the rear speakers and the stereo display no longer lights. Outside of that, I have no complaints!