Used 1993 Geo Prizm Base Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

1993 Geo Prizm

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Excellent Compnact Car
By Cargovan

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car brand new. Everything was spectacular on the car as well as the performance. The car wasn't equipped with much gadget back then, as for today's car. No major headache from the car as far as the engine and transmission. This car is a Toyota Corolla Version of American. All it was needed was the routine maintain. At last with about 110,000 miles, I had to let it go. The buyer now probably still has the car.

Reliable, Durable, and Cheap!
By golfingirl

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I never thought I would like this car, after having a Mercedes-Benz prior to this one. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have had the car for a year and a half and have never had to do a single repair! I drive it everyday, and I fill up my gas tank about once every three weeks, for about $28 bucks. Can't beat that! I drive it on dirt roads and tote my German shepherd in the back. Nothing phases this car!

Maintenance has been minimal. Aside from new tires and oil changes, not a single problem! I never worry about this car breaking down on me.

The backseat is snug when toting around adults, and the exterior is prone to dents from minimal impact.

Great car for the money
By pleasantly surprised

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 2 years ago and haven't regretted it at all. I've had no problems except Ic had to replace the timing belt when the car hit 176k miles. You can ride this car into the dirt and it will still run great for you. With about 190k miles i get an average of 33 mpg (city and highway miles). This is a great car for the price.

Mechanical dependability is superb.

Better acceleration (with a 1.6L i dont expect much), a better look for the car.

Just WOW...
By Ryan

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This car has been beaten on for 13 years! It has 237,000 miles on it with hardly any problems other than the body starting to rust from salt! Best longest lasting car i've seen on the road for this price! No problems! Maybe I just got lucky?

plenty of pep w/ a standard transmition

start making them again just like this model!

good little car
By seobarrat

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I had purchased this car used a few
years ago and was amazed with the
quality of this small and understated
little car. At 11 years and many miles
later it handles and runs great. In
regards to fuel, it takes so little to
money fill this little car.If you
search for a little quaint and dainty
car this is a gem.

There wasn't a thing that I did not like about this car. It is a very understated car, so if you search for a hot car be sure to stay away from this car. If you are looking for a sensible car this one is it

My little car did not have rear frost defogger this made it a little difficult during the winter time.