1993 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Reliable, Durable, and Cheap!
By golfingirl on 09/01/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I never thought I would like this car, after having a Mercedes-Benz prior to this one. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have had the car for a year and a half and have never had to do a single repair! I drive it everyday, and I fill up my gas tank about once every three weeks, for about $28 bucks. Can't beat that! I drive it on dirt roads and tote my German shepherd in the back. Nothing phases this car!

A great reliable car
By great car on 11/30/07 06:43 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Prizm (1.8L 5speed) with 79,000 miles on it. I'm writing this review because it finally died. I have 244,500 miles on it and the engine still runs like new. Transmission just went out so going to retire this car. This car has never had anything but expected things needed to it (brakes, starter, etc.). This many miles and everything was still working, power windows, locks, sunroof, the air conditon. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Inexpensive Transportation
By BrownEyedBrad on 11/25/07 21:24 PM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

This car has been extremely reliable and enjoyable to drive since I bought it. I've driven almost 15k miles in the past year and a half and it's required little maintenance considering the car's age. For a 1993, it has not shown it's age in terms of styling and reliability. The exhaust system and rocker panels, however, have succumbed to rust and require more money to repair (along with a failing speedometer and shock absorbers) than I care to have to spend and am replacing it. I've named him Zippy because it truly is a zippy little car with great features for such a low price tag, especially for a 1993!

Got a Good Deal
By prizm_SF on 03/13/07 23:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought my LSi used. It was two years old, but only had about 12k on it. It rides similar to a '92 Corolla, but perhaps with stiffer suspension. Interior is a little cheaper and less practical than a Corolla, but heck for $10k, I have AC, sunroof with tilt that the Corolla LE didn't have, power windows. Engine has been very reliable. It is March 07 and the engine is still fairly quiet when idling and it accelerates fairly smoothly. I did have some electrical issues - power windows malf, radio/clock lite out, speedometer busted, alternator. But it still runs confidently with minimum maintenance. If I only had $1,000 to buy a reliable used car, this would be a killer deal.

Great car for the money
By pleasantly surprised on 06/27/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 2 years ago and haven't regretted it at all. I've had no problems except Ic had to replace the timing belt when the car hit 176k miles. You can ride this car into the dirt and it will still run great for you. With about 190k miles i get an average of 33 mpg (city and highway miles). This is a great car for the price.

Just WOW...
By Ryan on 11/12/05 20:45 PM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This car has been beaten on for 13 years! It has 237,000 miles on it with hardly any problems other than the body starting to rust from salt! Best longest lasting car i've seen on the road for this price! No problems! Maybe I just got lucky?

Best Car Ever
By Geo Fan on 10/21/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I've had my Geo for 13 yr's and driven it 235K miles. It has been a terrific car!!! SO VERY RELIABLE! GREAT GAS MILEAGE! AFFORDABLE REPAIRS ON THE RARE OCCASIONS THEY'RE NEEDED! There's not enough space to tell you how much we love this car and how great it has been for our quality of life - leaving us with $$$ for graduate school, vacations, house payments, etc. Much of its life we drove it commuting in Chicago. Now we live in the Rocky Mtn's and, while it gets around great on the winter roads with studded tires, it lacks the ground clearance needed for our super snowy rural driveway, so we're replacing it with an SUV :( Thanks for the memories Prizm!

VERY, VERY RELIABLE LITTLE CAR
By oatmealboys on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

It's so great to see so many reviews that share my opinion on this wonderful vehicle! I wanted to buy a car that would NEVER fail me, and almost a decade later, the Prizm has consistently shown it's up to the task! Regular oil changes and routine maintenance keep my Prizm humming like it just rolled off the lot. I might even get it repainted.

good little car
By seobarrat on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I had purchased this car used a few years ago and was amazed with the quality of this small and understated little car. At 11 years and many miles later it handles and runs great. In regards to fuel, it takes so little to money fill this little car.If you search for a little quaint and dainty car this is a gem.

Good car
By Jenforyfuss on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

This was a great car, very reliable and took two rear-endings and one driver's side impact accident in five years and kept going strong. I pushed it with the number of miles I put on for my work, but with normal maintenance it performed very well.