1992 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
230K and still going strong
By RedWonder on 08/13/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I inherited my prizm for my high school graduation 5 years ago. It now has 230K miles on it and still runs great! I think the frame of the car will fall apart before it stops running - It has lots of rust from being outside, I've gone through 3 door handles, and the radio is questionable - but the engine is still in great shape! The low miles are great and it is truly a dependable car!

The ride that keeps on going
By ronniezlove on 05/15/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

The drivers door handle has broken off and is non functional as well as the inside handle. We open the inside with the handle of a crescent wrench . The passenger door opens from the outside only and we have to use the wrench to get out. So I will say they should have come up with a better door handle system. No problems with the drive train. It does use 5 or 6 qts. of oil a year. Overall, I LOVE this car and would recommend one just like it to anyone!

Loved My Baby
By Dorisk on 06/07/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I just sold my "baby." This Geo was a very dependable car and very comfortable. The main problem I had with it was the door handles would break. I replaced the front door handle twice and one back door handle. I've had this car since 1995 and just sold it because I purchased a 2009 Toyota Corolla. My Geo had 70,000 miles and is still in good condition. Sold it to my brother-in- law who wanted a vehicle that was easy on gas. He has two SUVs that are gas guzzlers. I hope he has as good luck as I've had with my Geo.

Pld reliable
By wade on 02/01/08 14:02 PM (PST)

1992 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a winter beater in Minnesota and it's become a daily driver all year. 210k on it and uses no oil. 33mpg hwy. One of the few to start at work in recent below zero weather! All options still working! Bright red and starting to rust but I'll drive this til the doors fall off!

My first car
By first car is G-O on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

A wonderful little car. If you're looking for power, look elsewhere. This is a fun, economical little car. The toyota seats are snug. I'll try to drive mine until it rusts apart. The only semi-complaint is with the body. One door has a baseball-size spot rusted through. The 5 spd manual is peppy and fun to drive; however, reverse is sometimes hard to find. An excellent economy car.

Can't give it up...
By Jeff11 on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This car has been unbelieveable. I purchased it for $800 in 2/03 with 127k. It now has 144k and runs like a top. I have to add oil every now and then and the high fan speed is not working but besides that this car has been a money saver. I want to purchase so many new cars but with no monthly payment and such low insurance I think I may run it till it dies.

Ole Reliable
By boundsn on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Geo Prizm GSi 4dr Sedan

In case you didn't know, this is basically a Toytoa Corolla. This is a fine car, and I've enjoyed many miles with it. I've driven from NC to FL to NV to VA and lots of places in between, without a hitch. I do all my own maintanence, and it is very easy to work on, and the parts aren't expensive.

Our other car is a Ford...
By Still smiling on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This is the only reliable car we have ever owned. We survived owning 2 Chevettes, a Jetta, a Lumina, a Cavalier, a Plymouth Voyager and currently a Ford Windstar. Every one of them had some major defect or annoyance that cost a ton of money to repair. This Prizm owes us nothing.

Won't die...
By av8rdude on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This was my wife's car and I got to start driving it after we got married. I have been driving it for 7 years and it will not die. I do take care of the car and do lots of preventative maintenance, but it has 130k miles and is going strong. My only complaint is the automatic transmission needs an overdrive gear. The engine seems to reach max rpm at around 73 mph. It has lots of power and torque, just a low end transmission. The 5 speed would be a bonus.

my dependable prizm
By joseph and Segieray on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm GSi 4dr Sedan

this is a very reliable school student car. I can honestly say that without my prizm I would be way behind on everything without my realiable prizm transportation. this car gets me everywhere and anywhere I want to go.