Used 1992 Geo Prizm Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

230K and still going strong
By RedWonder

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I inherited my prizm for my high school graduation 5 years ago. It now has 230K miles on it and still runs great! I think the frame of the car will fall apart before it stops running - It has lots of rust from being outside, I've gone through 3 door handles, and the radio is questionable - but the engine is still in great shape! The low miles are great and it is truly a dependable car!

The ride that keeps on going
By ronniezlove

1992 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

The drivers door handle has broken off and is non functional as well as the inside handle. We open the inside with the handle of a crescent wrench . The passenger door opens from the outside only and we have to use the wrench to get out. So I will say they should have come up with a better door handle system. No problems with the drive train. It does use 5 or 6 qts. of oil a year. Overall, I LOVE this car and would recommend one just like it to anyone!

size, handling, visibility outside from the inside because of all the windows

improving the door handles inside and out

Loved My Baby
By Dorisk

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I just sold my "baby." This Geo was a very dependable car and very comfortable. The main problem I had with it was the door handles would break. I replaced the front door handle twice and one back door handle. I've had this car since 1995 and just sold it because I purchased a 2009 Toyota Corolla. My Geo had 70,000 miles and is still in good condition. Sold it to my brother-in- law who wanted a vehicle that was easy on gas. He has two SUVs that are gas guzzlers. I hope he has as good luck as I've had with my Geo.

Small size. I just felt really comfortable in this vehicle.

Air bags would make this vehicle safer.

Pld reliable
By wade

1992 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a winter beater in Minnesota and it's become a daily driver all year. 210k on it and uses no oil. 33mpg hwy. One of the few to start at work in recent below zero weather! All options still working! Bright red and starting to rust but I'll drive this til the doors fall off!

Blazing hot heater and frosty air! Both necesary in Minnesota.

Not so comfy seats. When in use, cup holder blocks lighter plug in for charging cellphone on the road.

My first car
By first car is G-O

1992 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

A wonderful little car. If you're looking for power, look elsewhere. This is a fun, economical little car. The toyota seats are snug. I'll try to drive mine until it rusts apart. The only semi-complaint is with the body. One door has a baseball-size spot rusted through. The 5 spd manual is peppy and fun to drive; however, reverse is sometimes hard to find. An excellent economy car.

Economy. Fun to drive. Easy to park.

A better antenna. A 60-40 split folding rear seat. A better horn (might fix by myself).