1990 Geo Prizm Consumer Review: Take care of it and it will la

1990 Geo Prizm - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Take care of it and it will last a long time.
By carol97 on

1990 Geo Prizm 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car used in 2012. It was in bad shape when I got it due to prior owners neglect. I put a lot of work into it a little at a time. I wanted an older car I could fix up. New windshield, new brakes, new thermostat (wasn't heating up the interior of car). interior door knobs, new battery, new starter, new serpentine belt, the radiator hose had a leak but I got that fixed right away. The headlights were the old type, so I upgraded to the best bulbs on the market. The bulbs were 50 bucks each, and well worth it. It runs great now, and haven't had anymore problems with it. It is a basic car with NO computer stuff. It gets me from 'point' A to B, and I don't have a car payment.

If you take care of it, it will last a long time. I like that it is small, and runs great now. I like manual transmission, and that it IS a BASIC car with none of that fancy computerized stuff. After all, we really don't need all that fancy computer stuff to distract us when we are driving. I have also been able to haul two 65 lb bales of Hay in it. Great gas mileage.

Only has front speakers in/under the dash. Should be designed with them in the back too. Not a lot of leg room in the back. No AC.