1996 Geo Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
geeoh
By tomth on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

Great car, easy to park, fill up and fun to drive. Did I mention easy to park? I wish they still made them.

good for awhile
By FormerGeo on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1996 Geo with 26000 miles on it. It ran like a champ for about 4 years. I never thought of it is a comfortable car or particularly well built with all its plastic. Often times on windy days that the car was going to lift off the ground. It was a snap to park but I could never make it up steep hills with more than one person and I think if I had someone over 150lbs in the passanger seat it would pull to the right. Plus the door always made noise.But great car.

An Excellent Commute Car
By Harbi on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought it as a commute car after the first day of my new Job which was 35 miles away. I drove my Mercedez ML320 to work and I was shocked when I saw the wear and tear and gas bill. I went and bought this car for mere $2500. It was manual with 57000 miles on it. But since then I drove 25000 miles in just 2 years and I didn't have to take it to any repair shop except the oil change. It is a Great car for commute consistently giving me 42-48 miles per gallon. It has already saved me more than $2500 on my ML320 Gas and $$$ of wear and tear.

I LOVE GEO METROS
By yoyoyo on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

They are so sufficient! I love mine, unfortunately, it was wrecked, so now, I am in the process of getting it fixed! I love that little booger!

Maybe better than you would think
By A.L.K. on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I have driven this car to the ends of the earth. I can get 15 50 lb. bags of landscape rock in it. A ladder will fit without a passenger. I was hit in it. Scariest experience of my life-- but I am now very careful. Drive definsively and this is a great car. First "wear" repair at 120K, knock on wood. I call her "Lil' Pepe." I am about to turn it into a rolling billboard for my new business.

Best Little Car I've Owned
By B. Rocco Del Giglio on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

It can't get up to speed very quickly but my,at the time, 5 yr old Metro, took me from Key West,FL to NY then to LA and back to Key West with never a problem. The gas mileage is excellent and the back hatch is just right for loading stuff in the vehicle. I bought it new because it was the cheapest car I could get and haven't been sorry for the buy.

I loved my geo!
By ilovemygeo on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I loved my Geo! I bought it because of the great fuel efficiency!!! Everyone should have a fuel efficient car. The only problem is the big gas guzzlers that infiltrate the roads!!! People living in the flatlands do not need 4- wheel drive!!

96 geo metro
By gltpete on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car, it had 10k mi on it & the balance of warranty. 4 times back to the dealer for a/c. Out of warr.: 2 times in for smaller exhaust fixes to the stainless factory ex. Minor elect. problems. Headliner coming down. Overall, an excellent value if you can deal with a tiny (but very usable)car w/ a tiny engine (1.3L) (40 MPG realtime - my driving). I recommend a manualtrans for power reasons..

cheap, reliable transport
By Ching Tai on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

Reliability is very important to me. I bought this car new in 1996, and drove it eveyday to work and on holidays. My work is only 3 miles from home, so most of the milage come from my _many_ 2,000+ mile weekend trips. During my ~6 years of ownership, I had zero (yep, that's "0") problems. The only things I've done so far is regular maintenance and changed the tires.

I named her Toodles, and she's a peach
By Lsh on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Geo Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

What you pay for is what you get, but in this instance I feel I've gotten a bit more. Air conditioning still running very cold, a plus in South Florida. Only downside, alignment wasn't right in the beginning and I went through first set of tires quickly. Am preparing to trade in, but that's only because of a skirmish with a poultry truck on the side. Not worth fixing and is unslightly. If that hadn't happened several months ago, I'd be keeping. Plan to buy something similar.