1995 Geo Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
great car
By jim on 07/19/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

This car won't quit. I work for FEMA and have taken it to the keys three times on the job for hurricanes work. Yeah I even did Katrina with it. I've been all over the us in this car. I have 155,000 miles on a three cyc engine. I pulled it out of the junkyard about 6 years ago and put a front bumper on when it only had 49,000 miles on the engine. One man's junk is now another man's treasure. In six years I've watched my friends buy and sell their cars, I still have my car. It might not pick up a date but that's what rentals are for. We need to keep this car around.

14 year old and still shining!
By darolings on 05/12/09 20:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I got this car in 2002 with 49,000 miles and am absolutely amazed at how well it has served me for 7 years. I've never stalled, never broken down, never hesitated starting (even in single digit temps) never overheated (even in 90+ degree weather). I lived in a remote area of the Cascades where there were serious snow storms and I faired really well! I actually moved across country in this car and was astounded at the storage capacity. My complaints: #1 The air vent is a really poor design and the cheap plastic warps marking it hard to get a connection (ie air does not blow out of the vents consistantly). #2 No cup holders in the car is ridiculous. #3 Very very basic car design.

AN amazing car
By Miguel_perez on 03/26/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

HI i bought a geo metro 95 car from a kid who had took it mudding (a texan's thing) and shot the engine it was going to be a junker until i fixed it i paid 200 and its worth 1200 so i'm not into the looks nor hp or performance but i love this car and i still have my fav truck a chevy 2500 and the geo has been through the toughest trips and still has the reliability of an angel! i love it and i plan to rebuild it as long as i can cuz i'm a teenager and this car is my life! if you got a grudge against the car, fine. i still got the cheapest gas tank to fill and still can drive a gas guzzlers as well thank you

Miss My Metro
By TJ on 07/10/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I got my Metro from my dad with my license in 97 with 9800 miles on it. Over the following 5 years I racked the mileage up to 88k, mostly in trips up and down the east coast and from NJ to WV back and forth to school. Shortly after I got the car I put a stereo in it (to replace the backseat boombox it had in it) and ended up with a 500w system with 2 subs - this car rocked. I managed to get the car airborne on one occasion and used it to off-road on dozens of occasions. Everytime I got in that car, it was a thrill for me and my friends. I've now been without for 3 and a half years, and I miss driving this little car more and more every day. Long live Rebel the Metro!

1995 Geo Metro STD Hatchback
By Rick in TN on 06/02/07 10:25 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

This car is just awesome! 175,800 miles and still kickin'! A bit worn, but reliable as the day it was bought. Needs axles at the moment but it's still on the originals. Maintenance has been excellent. New clutch in 2003 and just scheduled maintenance in between. Doesn't get there fast, but you will get there. Ride is stiff, but drives like a go cart. Just point it and it goes where you want. This car has been on the interstate, city streets and in the woods where only a goat would go. May not handle it with grace, but gets the job done. My hat is off to Suzuki for building such a tough little car! By the way the engine is original and never been torn down. Still getting 40-42 mpg.

Troublefree car
By homer99_S on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I own his clone model Pontiac Firefly for 1 year, made 15000 miles and no troubles yet. This car is surprisely great for winter driving. Excellent control in snow and ice for a very light car and starts great even at - 20F. Not good in high winds tough.

Love my Metro! In fact, I have 2.
By Unca Lar on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

Car is very reliable, never any problems. Park it anywhere, great on gas, easy to change oil. In fact, I have 2 '95 Geo Metros!

1995 geo metro
By DMUNDY on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

The most trouble free car I ever had.... only maintance items have been neccessary! Over 130,000 miles on a three cyclinder motor!!!! I would buy another one in a heartbeat!