Used 1995 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Geo Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

A Great Car!!!
By tigger2uall

1995 Geo Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in '95 new with 8 miles on it. 2012, still running strong. Mind you, I have replaced the engine ($1,200, first engine went after 150,000 with normal maint.) and timing belt. Other than normal things, I love my little purple Geo. Easy to reach everything. My first stick shift and best car I have ever owned. Our oldest chil even learned how to drive in it! It got her home WITHOUT a belt! LOVE MY GEO!

Comfortable seats, radio is great, easy to get to wiring under dash to do work, simple to do an oil change, easy to use stick shift.

none

I'm Crying Over My Geo
By GeoLove

1995 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

My husband bought this car in 97. He was its second owner. I took over driving it four years ago and even when we bought a new car, I wanted to drive the Geo. But this weekend, a guy hit my car and the now its worth less than it would cost to fix it. This car has given us almost 9 years AFTER being paid off. It gets 40 mpg easily and I don't even know how to think about replacing it. In my mind, what replaces a car that was reliable even with 140k on it with NO major repairs? BUY this car, but don't get hit by someone with Safe Auto insurance!

Reliability, Gas Mileage, Safety, and sadly, I've learned it can take a hit without injury or SERIOUS damage.

My only complaint is that I can't get a new one. And that I was hit. :(

great car
By jim

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

This car won't quit. I work for FEMA and have taken it to the keys three times on the job for hurricanes work. Yeah I even did Katrina with it. I've been all over the us in this car. I have 155,000 miles on a three cyc engine. I pulled it out of the junkyard about 6 years ago and put a front bumper on when it only had 49,000 miles on the engine. One man's junk is now another man's treasure. In six years I've watched my friends buy and sell their cars, I still have my car. It might not pick up a date but that's what rentals are for. We need to keep this car around.

I can pass up a gas-station most of the times.

The alt-belt may need replacing from year to year, but my car was hit twice, once from the front before I got it and then on the side while I had it. I am still driving it all over the US. Peace dudes

14 year old and still shining!
By darolings

1995 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I got this car in 2002 with 49,000 miles and am absolutely amazed at how well it has served me for 7 years. I've never stalled, never broken down, never hesitated starting (even in single digit temps) never overheated (even in 90+ degree weather). I lived in a remote area of the Cascades where there were serious snow storms and I faired really well! I actually moved across country in this car and was astounded at the storage capacity. My complaints: #1 The air vent is a really poor design and the cheap plastic warps marking it hard to get a connection (ie air does not blow out of the vents consistantly). #2 No cup holders in the car is ridiculous. #3 Very very basic car design.

fuel economy, great for city parking - can fit where few other cars can :)

95 Metro - A real work horse
By Joe Porter

1995 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my 95 Geo second hand from the dealer. The car was first sold in 3/96 and I purchased it about a year later. I think that the purple color had something to do with the slow sale. It never got the 49MPG that the five speed 3 cylinder was supposed to get but with air on I got 38 MPG regularly. I have had the clutch replaced and one set of tires replaced. I just had it repainted this week and I am planning to drive it for another 130,000 miles. I drove it from San Diego CA to Riverside CA every day for five years and it never caused me any problem.(150 miles round trip-70+MPH) I can recommend this car to anyone provided it has been maintained per the manual - great car.

I had a company car Chevy Cavalier and the noise level and ride was superior in the Geo. Chevy was quicker, but the Geo was smoother and quieter. Fact.

I there is some way to pump up the performance without Seriously damaging the mileage.