1993 Geo Metro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
MY GEO
By RICKJOAN on 05/25/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car from my boss and it had just turned 100,000 mi. I am an auto mechanic for over 40 years experience. When i first go the car it was hard to get used the the engine vibration. It was a peppy little car. I ended up going to Michigan twice and both times checked the gas mileage coming back and could not believe the gas mileage i got. At 70 mph with a/c on i averaged 51 to 56 miles per gallon. Around town i averaged 48 to 50. Have has almost no maintenance just water pump, timing belt.

Little Beast
By Mike on 03/14/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback LSi 2dr Hatchback

Honestly, this is the most powerful stock car I have seen yet. People laugh at them, but they are full of guts. After some slight modifications, I could easily take many other stock vehicles on a straight stretch. With my 17" low profile tires, it handled turns very well at high rates of speed. I love cars such as this that are very fast and powerful, yet get great gas mileage. I never had any problems with it, regular oil changes and 1 tie rod end was replaced. It is a very reliable car.

Very Reliable
By Stratten on 02/02/08 17:20 PM (PST)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 93 Geo for 5 years now and have put in only 500 dollars in repairs. 200 for a blown fuse (only cost 11 bucks or something for the fuse the rest was labour) and 300 for a leaking water pump. The previous owner had put mag wheels on (which made the car look a lot nicer than the tiny stock wheels) which made the speedometer inaccurate. The car is fairly slow, but with an after-market exhaust it was still fun to drive. The car has never left me stranded and has been going strong for a long time. I have been trying to sell for 2 years now but just can't bring myself to do it. Finally, i do need an upgrade, but I will always miss my first car.

45 to 50 mpg
By 45 to 50 mpg on 08/08/05 02:20 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I own a 93 standard geo metro hatchback with the 5 speed, I was hoping it would do a little better on fuel economy as compared to the xfi which I was told used a different computer, I have no idea what the differences are on the 2 cars. If you own a geo, be sure to have the catalytic convertor changed out as these over a period of time will cause burned valves. The motor is easy to work on, starter is a little hard to get to. When replacing the head I've found it to be much easier to bolt the intake on first then bolt the head to the motor then bolt the exhuast up next. I've managed 45 to 50 mpg by coasting to a stop sign or red light along with keeping the speed limit to 60 mph. Good cars.

The Green Machine
By Gooseman on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback LSi 4dr Hatchback

My geo has proven to be an exceptional vehicle for me. Not only do I get fantastic gas milage, but the amount of time that I have to put in for repairs is almost zero. I have owned my geo for about 4 years, and the most money that I have invested in it was for new tires, which are hard to come by b/c they are only 12's. But it handles better on the snow, water, and out in the heat better than any older used car that I have owned. Being a married college student, this car has been a lifesaver in saving me a whole lota dough. Gooseman

great fun
By Sousasteve on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The only problem i have had was a leaky radiator and loose belts. It is on its third alternator, but that is my fault. Great gas mileage!

These cars rock!
By MamamaMetroMan on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback LSi 2dr Hatchback

I've put over 200,000 miles on my baby and she starts up everytime. Keep her fluids changed regularly and she keeps purrin like little kitten. Never had any problems in the 10 years I've owned. Had to have the alternator replaced once, that's it. With gas averaging 2.15 a gallon now in SD,CA, I'm saving hundreds just on that. Parking and manuvering in this thing is a sinch. Awesome commuting vehicle. If you have the means, I highly recommend purchasing one.

'93 Geo Metro
By leatherhead on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

This car has never failed to live up to my expectations. It is great and I hope to find something similar next year.

Excellent car
By Gypsy on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 8 years ago, and it now has over 150,000 miles on it. Replaced tires, radiator, and some exhaust parts that rusted, other than that, it has NEVER failed me. Excellent gas mileage & I have a feeling it will rust out under me before the engine dies. The only thing really cheap about it is the parts in the driver side window that break occasionally (had to fix twice)& the plastic molding on the hatchback (the pins fell out & the plastic piece came off)

I hate this car
By ct on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Geo Metro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Incredible noisy not enough power and not reliable. Maintanance always cost a fortune because of the ineffiecient way the car was put together.