Used 1993 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Geo Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

MY GEO
By RICKJOAN

1993 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car from my boss and it had just turned 100,000 mi. I am an auto mechanic for over 40 years experience. When i first go the car it was hard to get used the the engine vibration. It was a peppy little car. I ended up going to Michigan twice and both times checked the gas mileage coming back and could not believe the gas mileage i got. At 70 mph with a/c on i averaged 51 to 56 miles per gallon. Around town i averaged 48 to 50. Have has almost no maintenance just water pump, timing belt.

Spunky little car, easy to get in and out of traffic. A/C works great.

Would have been nice to have had cruise control

1993 geo metro lsi sprint cl
By fushiadragon

1993 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

I found this car in Hallam Pa, only one owner, when I bought it it only had 063,851 miles on the odometer, I paid 2000.00 cash, going rate now is 3500.00 if you can find one. She had to sell it due to having a baby and needed a bigger car for her family. The gas prices are now 3.75 a gallon, I only pay 25.00 to fill her up and get 50 mpg, and I love putting the top down on warm days, the car is fun and special to me as there isn't any other around like it, it is pink in color with painted flaring on the sides of the car, she's sporty enough for my daily needs. Small but feisty! Fushiadragon

5 speed, convertible, paint job, gas mileage

Little Beast
By Mike

1993 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Honestly, this is the most powerful stock car I have seen yet. People laugh at them, but they are full of guts. After some slight modifications, I could easily take many other stock vehicles on a straight stretch. With my 17" low profile tires, it handled turns very well at high rates of speed. I love cars such as this that are very fast and powerful, yet get great gas mileage. I never had any problems with it, regular oil changes and 1 tie rod end was replaced. It is a very reliable car.

Large amount of power and reliability.

Ability to get more aftermarket parts and accessories.

Very Reliable
By Stratten

1993 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 93 Geo for 5 years now and have put in only 500 dollars in repairs. 200 for a blown fuse (only cost 11 bucks or something for the fuse the rest was labour) and 300 for a leaking water pump. The previous owner had put mag wheels on (which made the car look a lot nicer than the tiny stock wheels) which made the speedometer inaccurate. The car is fairly slow, but with an after-market exhaust it was still fun to drive. The car has never left me stranded and has been going strong for a long time. I have been trying to sell for 2 years now but just can't bring myself to do it. Finally, i do need an upgrade, but I will always miss my first car.

Size was nice for parking spaces and gas mileage was amazing.

Airbags would make it feel a lot safer. Bigger engine.

Red
By 1993 Geo Metro Conve

1993 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car and love it. It runs well, a little slow up hills. The air conditioner needs to be fixed, but no rust, body in great & clean condition. I have had this for 1 week and so far so good. It is cute, sporty and fun. Needs a new back window, and the motor makes a little noise. But runs great.