1992 Geo Metro 1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best car I've ever owned

1992 Geo Metro - Consumer Review

1992 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

LSi 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I've ever owned
By Bob Hardison on

1992 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Geo Metro new in Oct. 1991 as a 1992 model. I have a little over 208,000 miles on it, and it has never been overhauled and does not use any oil between changes at 3000 miles. The only repairs needed since purchase is the starter at 148,000 miles, and the front struts at Sears at about 100,000 mi with a lifetime warranty, and a replacement (no charge) at 201,000 mi. I still get average 33 mpg in town, and 47 mpg on a trip. I've replaced front wheel brakes myself twice (about $20.00). I will never sell or trade this car and I love driving it better than my new Nissan Altima, and I do drive it more. My Geo is a 5 speed manual. I replace the timing belt myself about every 60K miles.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, tire cost for 12" tires (last 60,000 mi.) Interstate speed as it keeps equal with everyone. The road test says 100 MPH, and I know it will do it. I drive at 70-75 on interstate.

Suggested Improvements

I don't want or need any improvements. The ride and seating is great and I am 6,1". I didn't adjust the brakes until I had 85,000 mi. on it. I have replaced the brakes twice. It starts instantly. I do have to use the medium grade gasoline to prevent pinging.