Used 1992 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Geo Metro - Consumer Reviews

1992 Geo Metro

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

Great fuel milage
By Pete babos

1992 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

Cheak maintenance record if possible

Dream Car!
By karentoby1

1992 Geo Metro XFi 2dr Hatchback

Searched for ANY model/year metro for the past 9 months-price/condition ratio not acceptable. but luck would have it, i sold my blown engine 2001 corolla and had the money when this XFI pops up on Craigslist. other co-incidences aside-the guy shows up and the clutch is slipping-according to him it just started doing that [fat chance] and i said, "i'll give you $500"-he said ok. well i'll tell you-that car is fun as can be to drive! i put a new clutch in/tuned 'er up and my 100 mile round trip commute is a joy thinking about all that money i'm saving.

my first car
By Julia

1992 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I got my geo metro as my first car because it was cheap and cute. It was the best decision I have ever made. I have had the car 6 months, have had to put a new set of tires on it and change the water pump. In all, not more then $300 in repairs. I love this car. And if it ever dies, which I doubt it will because it is more of a beast then my moms car, I will buy another in a heart beat. There isn't really anything I don't enjoy about this car. It is the best first car anyone can have, as long as they are reliable and wont wreck it, because they are simply awesome on gas and are on the cheap end of things when it comes to repairs. I'm glad I have my metro. =)

hmm.. the heat works awesome, the breaks are really good, the gas is responsive, i just love my car. =)

well my passengers side handle is broken and my drivers side window is off the track, but shes a 92 and as old as i am and i have my problems too, show me any car that's the same age and i will show you why my metro is better.

living within your means
By livin large life

1992 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. They quit making this car because it was to economical and reliable. 16 years and 230,000 miles with less than 200 dollars in parts, that is what I call having your cake and eating it too. I only wish that I could buy a new one today. This is my primary vehicle, which I own several new ones that cannot compare all around.

comfort level for what it is, reliability, cost to operate

door handle broke,window off track but show me anything that was built 15 years ago that you can compare to my metro

Best car I've ever owned
By Robert D. Hardison

1992 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this Geo Metro new, and I have 210,000 miles on it. It uses no oil between 3,000 mile changes. The only repairs I've had are 3 timing belts (the old ones looked like new) I did this myself, one starter after 195,000 miles, one distributer sensor. My first timing belt cost $9.97, last one cost $19.97, -no other repairs. My gasoline mileage is tops 61 MPG, low 41 mpg (town only). I have a new Nissan 6 cyl Nissan Altima, but I will never sell my Geo Metro, as I use it 90% of the time.

Gas mileage, usually about 57 MPG, looks, tire wear lasts so long, Speed 70 to 85 MPH on interstate (usually 75 MPH), very low repair.

I have no improvements suggested on this car at the price I paid for it.