1991 Geo Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
wonderful
By pyewakat on 05/28/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car from a used car dealer in 1992, and still runs great to this day. Only Major repairs were the fuel filter, cat converter, and fuel jet. Ok the water pump too. Most of those repairs were 10 yrs after purchase. The water pump and fuel jet were within the last year. Still gets 30+ miles to the gallon and purrs like a kitten. Best $7000 investment ever!

WOW... all you need
By Andrew on 05/22/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

I love this car. Second car I bought and only car I will need again. I get 50 mpg if I'm gentle. I have beaten on the vehicle a lot and does not want to break. Only magor issue was the rear main seal and it was a ok fix. I have put 30,000 miles on it since I bought it with and done only oil change and main seal. If I could only car I would drive. Vehicle handles better then my Jeep in the winter. The car gets a lot of laughs but when the gas prices reached $4 a gallon I was laughing and people started buying metros for $4000. I will have to say it is not the greatest car by a long shot. But compared to what I put in and got out. I'm very happy. Perfect college car

Best MPG
By GeoownerinTexas on 07/20/07 13:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Metro 4dr Hatchback

This is a red 1991 Geo Metro 4 door hatchback 1.0L 3 cyl 5 speed (with a/c). It starts everytime. Parts are CHEAP! It costs VERY little to maintain. It's not a looker, I won't lie, but if you have a long commute, and can live without airbags, and ABS, I would recommend it. I do not feel super safe in this, but with extra caution, I've learned to absorb that fear! I do not reccommend this vehicle for more than 60 miles each way, or more than an hour drive with no traffic each way. It's not the most comfortable and it's very low to the ground. But with an average of 40-44 mpg, you can't go wrong. Shocks are poor. Overall build quality for a car this old is very good. Has 157000 miles.

Good Car
By Good Car on 07/13/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

Bought with 154K. Have owned 4 yrs. Great on gas 42/47 MPG. No major problems. Tune up in yard in 1 hr. Parts are cheap. I have 5 spd convertible w/ no options. Love it!!

Outstanding Vehicle
By MADDOG on 04/02/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

Originally bought this car for gas mileage and had planned to keep for 3-5 years. I figured it was more of a throw away car to be used no longer than the 100,000 mile mark. Ten years later and 135,000 miles I am ready to restore this vehicle because it has been one of the most reliable vehicle I have owned in the last 15 years.

great little buggy
By D. P. on 12/06/04 15:59 PM (PST)

1991 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

Great gas mileage, good performance, reliable, cheap to own, can park in small spaces, U-turn in 30 ft. Had problems with fixtures like window crank, radio volume control, minor stuff. Engine and powertrain very reliable, little maintenance. Accelerates quickly, but a bit underpowered on long steep hills.

Our Metro is Wonderful
By datastat on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

We purchased this as a car to put a lot of miles on. It had 69,000 when we bought it and now has 115,000. We learned to drive a manual transmission on this car and it hasn't even needed a new clutch. The only things we've had to have done (besides general maintenance) is a new exhaust system, the hood release lever replaced, and the hood latch welded. We also had to have it rust protected as it was rusting underneath.

The Best Car I Ever Owned
By BryanEddie on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Geo Metro 2dr Hatchback

I owned this car for over 12yrs with no problems. It is a work horse, being in field service i travel a lot. During the yrs went thru 3 sets of brakes, 4 sets of tires and exhaust, and battery just went after 12yrs. Paid $6,000 new. And great on gas mileage.

A pretty good reliable car
By SonicLiketoParty on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Good car to drive. Lack of power going upills for a long period of time. Cant fing body kits or racing parts.

It Runs!? Great!
By (mrmatt) on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Geo Metro XFi 2dr Hatchback

I needed a car and this second-hand Geo was the first one I found that I could afford. I drove it around for eight years and saved up enough money to pay cash for my Jeep Cherokee. Easy to drive around and park in the city and I never once got stuck in the