2003, good, solid minivan
By robinsweb on
2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
In the 90's I drove a Dodge Caravan, which was about as safe as driving a tuna fish can. Got a new 1997 Windstar, then a new 2003 Windstar. I like driving newish cars, but I'm keeping this one until it falls apart, because even after 7 years, (77,000 miles) I still LOVE IT! Nice looking for a minivan, It still looks spiffy and not too outdated. Paint in good shape. Some minor problems others have observed, like flashing interior lights and dash lights, of which I've paid to have repaired MULTIPLE times. (Life is full of compromises.)
Favorite Features
I’m not kidding, the gas mileage is INCREDIBLE for a car this heavy and sturdy. I've get 26 mpg highway on trips to the beach. The beach is 165 miles from our house, I can go to beach, back home and back to the beach on ONE tank of gas! How crazy is that?
Suggested Improvements
Of concern is this axle breaking, listed in recalls. I am going to take it for recall as I want to keep this car on the road for as long as possible. What is Ford thinking making such an ugly car as the Flex and dumping their popular minivan line?