Not as nice as my Aerostar, but a hit
By Ryan- Minivan expert on
2003 Ford Windstar 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
A nimble and clever van, but I would like to see more feature that were in its X-brother van Aerostar. No mechanical problems yet, but Warranty is up to 100K, so I don't need to worry. AWD is a necessity up here in Rochester,NY and FrontWD doesn't perform like our Aerostars, but this van will never rust, as it is plastic and is very safe. Our family always has the new minivan in the neighborhood and impressed a lot of friends, neighbors and family with this van. Will we upgrade to the new redesigned 2004 Windstar, I don't know yet, but that Caravan is looking nicer than before...
Favorite Features
I love the adjustable pedals as my 4 "kids" (15-23) sometimes drive the van and the tallest and shortest is 5'3 and 4'11... I like the quad seating and dual power doors, but next time I won't get leather.
Suggested Improvements
Seats are not like my son/wifes 95/97 Aerostar but still better then our 99Grand Caravan.The rear seat should fold into a bed and sliding door able to also be operated manually.The dash and the steering wheel is ugly. Need to have smaller/extended model like Aerostar-Only 17mpg