2003 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Good and Bad Features

2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

Good and Bad Features
By Sandy on

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Mechanically, I have had no problems with the Windstar. I have 88,000 miles on it and it still runs like new. I just changed the battery for the first time. I am going to trade it on a smaller car. If I had known that Ford was going to come out with a van with collapsable seats instead of the removable ones, I would have waited and bought the Freestar. Removing and replacing the back seats has been the biggest pain since I got the car. Also, like most other reviews here, my interior lights occasionally flicker and no one can fine what is wrong. Same with the ABS light that comes on but dealer can't find any problem when I bring it in. Gas mileage has been about 20. Used to be better.

I like being high up driving the van. Large gas tank means fewer stops for fillups on long trips.

They did put in collapsable rear seats after I bought this one. Also, the slightest touch to the outside of the car results in a scratch. My driver's door looks like I keep score for vehicle hits or something. And, this was with special coating at purchase to keep the exterior looking nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review