Used 2003 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Nice So Far
By Mom Of 3

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We recently purchased this minivan in the place of a Ford Taurus because we have 3 children, 2 in booster seats and one in an infant carrier. We looked at just about every minivan there is and after 3 months of looking went with the 2003 Windstar. I believe you get the most for what you pay for with this van. The others seemed way over priced for the same features as the Windstar. It drives smooth and I don't think the emgine is loud at all. We really enjoy all of the room for passengers, but we don't have much room in the back after loading up the baby gear. I have to put my groceries between the front seats and second row seats. We still haven't figured out how to remove the third row seats.

Room for passengers, comfortable seats, lots of standard features, great acceleration, easy to buckle all my children in, high safety ratings, the conversation mirror allows me to keep an eye on my kids without taking my eyes off the road.

Better gas mileage, more cargo space without having to removing any seats. More sleak, modern exterior.

Awesome Taurus Upgrade
By jcd302

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We just replaced our aged Taurus with this van. High mileage doesn't bother me because my last few Fords had 178k, 182k, the Taurus had 123k and my '94 Ranger has 146k and no problems. Ford did it right with the Windstar; too bad I don't like the new Freestar, otherwise I would have bought one of those. The Windstar is supposed to be able to tow 3500#. We will see when we go camping with our 2000# pop-up camper this summer.

All the standard features, plus the adjustable pedals, overhead console (with mirror to watch the kids). Sweet sound system, but gets distorted about 1/2 volume.

Put in a surround sound Mach460 stereo from the Mustang.

Great Value
By Richard

2003 Ford Windstar 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

90,000 miles, front brakes, power steering pump, set of Firestone Tires at 75K after the OEM General's were retired. Do the math; $1300.00 plus oil change and filter, tire rotation every 10,000 miles at $55.00. $1795.00 for 90,000 miles. 2 cents per mile. How can you beat it. About 22 miles per gallon at $2.00 in California is $8200 of fuel in two years and price paid of $22,405 OTD. $.36 per mile for two years. Value to move $6,000. $26,400 / 90,000 = .2933 cents per mile. FORD HAS A BETTER IDEA.

None, no frill van, CD, PW.

Front passengers seats, lumbar for lower back; probably available in the high end trim.

Windstar 969
By richardkandi

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We like this van.It is a fun van to drive and lots of room. Solid built and nice looking.Our gas mileage is 20 MPG.

Nice ride, fun to drive.

Better gas mileage.

Beats Dodge any day
By Teacher

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped around at all minivan dealers, Toyota, Dodge, Kia, Ford, etc. and went with the Ford. It seems to me that the people who have responded to the Ford Windstar must be car dealers because their responses don't seem valid. Shop all other dealers first, then compare price and options to the Windstar. There is no comparison.

Strong motor, decent milage, good seats, great space.

DVD options in the seats, rear disc brakes should be standard.