2003 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
This mini van is a lemon
By denise gibson on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our van in June 2003 and it has been in the shop 3 times now and at 800 it had to have a new motor put in it. And we just keep having problems with it. Popping noises in the rear and shortages in the passenager side. I would not recommend this van to anyone and this is the 8 Ford vehicle that we have owned.

4th windstar and counting
By Steve Bradley on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We started out with the 95 model, had a few problems that were quickly taken care of. Had a 96, no problems as well as the 98. This vehicle has been solid so far. Great on trips and around town.

More time in the SHOP than on the ROAD!
By tony22r on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought NEW for $20K out-the-door. Since New: Service Engine Soon light ON. 5K Trim, Weatherstripping falling off 7K All doors rattling, squeeking 40K Blown Head Gaskets 50K Blown Transmission 55K (and 10 Recalls later) Sold for $3K Good riddance! I feel sorry for the Sap who bought it, and I'm just glad that it's not MY problem any more!

windstar
By john zarlino on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because they stopped making the villager. We love it and will be buying another van.

I told my best girlfriend not to buy one
By the girlfriend on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I work at a Ford dealership, Stay away from all of them except for the Ford Trucks! They Rock! The 150's are Awesome The Windstars are sadly nothing but problems

Great family van
By DanielleNY on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Windstar for 4 months and we've already put almost 7k miles on it. I love the styling of it much better than the other mini-vans out there and it is very roomy inside. My kids love the video system and captains chairs. We bought a 6 yr 100,000k bumper to bumper warranty so I'm not worried about a thing! We also have a 2001 Pathfinder which is a lot more fun to drive but doesn't fit all my car seats.

satisfied
By Dean on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Carry it to dealer for all work to be done. They have kept the car in top shape.

Windstar one of the worst minivans
By minivanguy on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With exception to the Nissan, Kia, Mazda, and GM minivans, the Windstar is definitely the worst minivan on the market. The car has many electrical and mechanical problems, including: doors, engine parts, even the transmission having to be repaired or replaced. My friend who owns a heavily driven Chrysler T&C has no problems. As to Mr Cool, Chrysler have the #1 selling van on the market (Caravan), not Honda, who are way behind. I recommend a Chrysler most, then Honda, then Toyota.

Unflavored Life Saver
By Grateful undead on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bottom line is that this vehicle is extremely safe. Ford is suspect in some manners of craftmanship but they did it right as far as crash test safety.My advise to anyone... please spend a few extra dollers and install the side collision airbags... especially if you have children.

Don't buy it just for safety
By windstarsucks on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I know this vehicle is safe and powerful, but it has nothing else to offer but trouble. My wife has to make just about 1 trip per month to the dealer. Also, all that we could get for the van was $15,000 after a year although it is nicely loaded. However, we bought a new Dodge GC eX and it is perfect. No problems, and it comes with more neat features than any other van. I know everybody likes the Honda, but it is just a waste of money for a less featured boring Japanese van. Also, its reviews don't seem to be impressive as compared to the Dodge's. Always stick with either the original maker or best- seller (Dodge is both in this case.)