Used 2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Run away from this van
By Drftr

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Worst built automobile I have ever owned. Ride is poor, handling poor, less than 50k miles. The driver side window motor has been replaced. The front heater has quit working, brakes have made funny noises (had checked no problem found). Brake and ABS lights go on off intermittently. Supposedly means big problem. Dealership can not duplicate. Interior lights randomly come on. Passenger mirror remote control had to be fixed. Small trim pieces falling off. Last American product I will ever buy. Driven nothing but Fords for 25 years. Customer service is bad.

Quality Van, Quality Dealer
By dferron

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 97 Buick LeSabre Limited on this 2003 Windstar. It had been a lease vehicle and is in mint condition. Did a CarFax report, no problems noted, showed regular maintenance. It drives well, is quieter than the Buick, though not quite as comfortable. Fuel economy about 20% less than the Buick @ 18 in town. Has good acceleration, and great braking. So far, quite happy with our purchase. Removed third seat, and wanted to purchased the seat anchor covers. WOW! $26+ each, takes 4. Also, this van has a RECALL for rear seat anchors. It is a free fix by Ford. If you buy used, check the VIN with your dealer. We are in our fifties, kids gone.

Cargo room, better visibility than the Buick. Quiet.

Better heater/ac controls. Rear air is a little noisy.

Great Family Van
By Parents of 2 under 2

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded off a Acura TL for the van when the 2nd kid was in route. I can not believe we would love this as much as we do. Our van is the LX Deluxe with is an understatment with all the features: Power windows, locks, seats; VCP, wheels, tire pressure monitor, rear a/c, plenty of horsepower. Our second row is a bench since both kids are in car seats this allows easier access to the 3rd row.

VCP player is a great means to quiet the kids; easy to drive; handles great; this may be the best van on the market for the price.

Disc brakes on all four wheels; gas mileage could improve a bit; otherwise Ford has done a great job.

My ownership experience
By jwhclayton

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased new in summer of 2004, it now has 75,000 miles on it. I have changed oil every 4,000 miles, replaced tires, replace brake pads on front, replace power steering fluid. It has only been in the dealership twice since it was new. No complaints.

Price.

More comfortable std seats, standard CD player.

Love it ... wish they still made it!
By STL Lover

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The minivan gets fantastic mileage and is extremely comfortable to drive. I think it does much better than the Odyssey ... I've used both extensively.

The handling is much better than the Odyssey and so is the mileage.

I thought the seats should hide away. But, after I see that change, among others, in the new Freestar and in the Odyssey, it is fine the way it is.