2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
FORDS AC/HEATER
By TOMP on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

OVERALL WORTH THE $$ AS A USED VEHICLE, BUT HEATER BLEND DOOR FAILED LEAVING US WITH LITTLE HEAT OR DEFROSTER IN COLORADO. FORD WANTS $1000 TO REPLACE THE WHOLE HEATER UNIT TO REPAIR A $20 DOOR. THIS IS A DESIGN PROBLEM. FORD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY. tHIS IS MY THIRD FORD BUT LIKELY LAST.

Waste of money
By Unlucky on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We spent over $33,000 on this car new. It has had nothing but problems with the doors, stalling, horrible noises coming from stero speakers in the doors, steering has already gone as well as mulitple other problems. Brakes and rotors need replacing every 10,000-15,000 miles. Car died after pulling into traffic; dealer couldn't reproduce the problem but I still paid a hefty fee for their diagnostic testing. Extended warranty we bought from Easy Care has covered nothing. Three years later, this car's resale value is only $9,000; what a waste of money! We will never, ever, ever purchase another Ford after our experience with this Windstar.

Excellent
By Lenny Bouley on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort, Reliability, Performance, Secure feeling, All these attributes are what we feel when driving through the White mountains of NewHampshire especially on a dark road far away from anywhere. The Windstar should rate far better then any other minivan on the road today. After repairing cars, vans and tracker trailers over the years and owning other mini vans, I have never felt this strong about any other automobile.

I love my van!
By twins4me2003 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We only have the basic model, but I still love this van. We had to have a van with newborn twins!! This was the best for its value and space. One of my friends has a MVP and it is sooo cramped compared to my van.

Family Fun..... and room to grow :)
By TaxiMom on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It was a BIG mental step, being in my mid 30's and not wanting to be a labeled over the hill. But it was the best thing for me and my family. Room for everybody, smooth ride, easy in and out. Great gas milage & quite ride. I wasn't hip on having a TV in the van, but the split sound system and VCR have been very helpful for times when one child is in an appointment or class to keep the others entertained.

The best van
By bob denver on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van has everything a family needs. It has a very strong V6 engine that generates 200 hp and 240 lb. ft. of tourqe . The interior is nice and comfortable and most vans dosent let u adjust the middle and rear seats for leg room , the windstar does!My fanily just went on a fishing trip and we took the family , all their stuff and a 3500 pound boat . Again , this van has alot to offer , use it.

the last van you will ever need
By andre' hill on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Windstar SEL has very bad transmition problems, it shifts very hard. thatis the only thing that i find worng with the Windstar SEL. Besides that it is a very nice van for a family of 4 or more.

Wonderful
By Shayna on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two Windstars. The first is a 1995, and I still own it. It has 120,000+ miles on it, and she is still running like a champ. It is just as reliable today as it was the day I bought it. The second is the 2003. I wouldn't own anything else but a Ford vehicle. They are the only vehicles that I would ever trust enough to put my children in. Ford is a company that I can safely say truly knows what a growing family needs, RELIABILITY.

lemon
By mary542 on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car has many electrical problems, my van was in and out of the shop. Buy another sel, Ford could not give me one free.

excellent
By PONCE on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I LOVE MY MINIVAN