2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Nice So Far
By Mom Of 3 on 03/22/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We recently purchased this minivan in the place of a Ford Taurus because we have 3 children, 2 in booster seats and one in an infant carrier. We looked at just about every minivan there is and after 3 months of looking went with the 2003 Windstar. I believe you get the most for what you pay for with this van. The others seemed way over priced for the same features as the Windstar. It drives smooth and I don't think the emgine is loud at all. We really enjoy all of the room for passengers, but we don't have much room in the back after loading up the baby gear. I have to put my groceries between the front seats and second row seats. We still haven't figured out how to remove the third row seats.

Awesome Taurus Upgrade
By jcd302 on 02/11/05 22:09 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We just replaced our aged Taurus with this van. High mileage doesn't bother me because my last few Fords had 178k, 182k, the Taurus had 123k and my '94 Ranger has 146k and no problems. Ford did it right with the Windstar; too bad I don't like the new Freestar, otherwise I would have bought one of those. The Windstar is supposed to be able to tow 3500#. We will see when we go camping with our 2000# pop-up camper this summer.

Great Value
By Richard on 01/13/05 18:27 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

90,000 miles, front brakes, power steering pump, set of Firestone Tires at 75K after the OEM General's were retired. Do the math; $1300.00 plus oil change and filter, tire rotation every 10,000 miles at $55.00. $1795.00 for 90,000 miles. 2 cents per mile. How can you beat it. About 22 miles per gallon at $2.00 in California is $8200 of fuel in two years and price paid of $22,405 OTD. $.36 per mile for two years. Value to move $6,000. $26,400 / 90,000 = .2933 cents per mile. FORD HAS A BETTER IDEA.

Windstar 969
By richardkandi on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We like this van.It is a fun van to drive and lots of room. Solid built and nice looking.Our gas mileage is 20 MPG.

Beats Dodge any day
By Teacher on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped around at all minivan dealers, Toyota, Dodge, Kia, Ford, etc. and went with the Ford. It seems to me that the people who have responded to the Ford Windstar must be car dealers because their responses don't seem valid. Shop all other dealers first, then compare price and options to the Windstar. There is no comparison.

Fine for Us
By gracer on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far, we've been very pleased with the Ford Windstar. It's not posh inside, but certainly a great value. The "check tires" light has gone off more than expected, but it's easy enough to reset.

2003 Windstar
By gburritt on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is an okay car to purchase. The price makes it an attractive buy. However, we've had a Chevy Venture and notice that the leg room is much less in the Windstar than the Venture. Good pickup. Avg. MPG = city--> 14 Highway 18.

My Review
By JennalynsMama on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehichle. We've taken 3 long trips with it and been very comfortable each time.

Good car, especially with children
By Nicola on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful vehicle, I was in an accident not one week after having the vehicle. The other car was totaled and mine just sustained minor damage. It safety rating was put to the test right away and passed. It drives smoothly and is spacious for my kids and siblings.

Fire electrical engineers
By KCMOWindstar on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Limited van in Dec 2002 and have had numerous electrical probs. Dead batteries, fuel sensors, blower switches, etc. Driver front door was hard to close and had to be re-fit but still has high closing effort. The electrical engineers for this program should be thrown out on their ear.