2003 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews 4

2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Bought used, 75K miles later
By Tim on 09/19/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Windstar Limited has been a very reliable van. We have put >75K miles on in less than 4 years of ownership. The only problems we have had is occasional flickering interior lights and the in dash CD changer that sometimes does not want to eject that we deal with. The Winstar was the last van with a removable 3rd seat rather than fold flat. This is the one thing that I dislike about the van. The rear seat is heavy and bulky to move in and out. The VCP rather than DVD based entertainment system is another drawback. Our limited is very quiet and comfortable to drive, although our typical gas mileage of 20 MPG is a little lower than what we had hoped for

NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN
By NEVER BUY A FORD on 08/17/07 15:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this lemon in 2005 had 32000 miles on it. I had to replace transmission in April 2007 at 50000 miles and replaced engine at 59000 miles, what a lemon. It makes me sick to think Ford builds cars like this to sell to family's. Will never buy another Ford product ever!!

2003 Windstar
By w. sick on 07/18/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a reliable and totally trouble free vehicle with lots of both passenger and load carrying capacity.

It beats the bus
By big-b on 04/21/07 23:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a 1998 to a 2003. I like everything about it except that the engine is very noisy at low speeds. The dashboard display is a it distracting too.

4 years and Running
By jesfam on 03/29/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I like everything about this van. After 4 years the style is still current with other van designs.

Run away from this van
By Drftr on 04/04/06 06:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Worst built automobile I have ever owned. Ride is poor, handling poor, less than 50k miles. The driver side window motor has been replaced. The front heater has quit working, brakes have made funny noises (had checked no problem found). Brake and ABS lights go on off intermittently. Supposedly means big problem. Dealership can not duplicate. Interior lights randomly come on. Passenger mirror remote control had to be fixed. Small trim pieces falling off. Last American product I will ever buy. Driven nothing but Fords for 25 years. Customer service is bad.

Quality Van, Quality Dealer
By dferron on 12/18/05 02:24 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 97 Buick LeSabre Limited on this 2003 Windstar. It had been a lease vehicle and is in mint condition. Did a CarFax report, no problems noted, showed regular maintenance. It drives well, is quieter than the Buick, though not quite as comfortable. Fuel economy about 20% less than the Buick @ 18 in town. Has good acceleration, and great braking. So far, quite happy with our purchase. Removed third seat, and wanted to purchased the seat anchor covers. WOW! $26+ each, takes 4. Also, this van has a RECALL for rear seat anchors. It is a free fix by Ford. If you buy used, check the VIN with your dealer. We are in our fifties, kids gone.

Great Family Van
By Parents of 2 under 2 on 08/15/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded off a Acura TL for the van when the 2nd kid was in route. I can not believe we would love this as much as we do. Our van is the LX Deluxe with is an understatment with all the features: Power windows, locks, seats; VCP, wheels, tire pressure monitor, rear a/c, plenty of horsepower. Our second row is a bench since both kids are in car seats this allows easier access to the 3rd row.

My ownership experience
By jwhclayton on 06/04/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased new in summer of 2004, it now has 75,000 miles on it. I have changed oil every 4,000 miles, replaced tires, replace brake pads on front, replace power steering fluid. It has only been in the dealership twice since it was new. No complaints.

Love it ... wish they still made it!
By STL Lover on 04/01/05 00:30 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The minivan gets fantastic mileage and is extremely comfortable to drive. I think it does much better than the Odyssey ... I've used both extensively.