2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
1998 Ford Windstar GL - Big disappointme
By Mia on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 1998 Ford Windstar GL which I bought new in 1997. It needed a transmission within 2 years, has made a squeaking noise which they can not find since I first bought it. Now 4 years & 64,000 miles later it stalls when you stop for a light the whole car shakes when stopped and chugs and sounds like there is a washing machine in the engine and no one can figure out what it wrong with it. I spent two years running back and forth to the dealer with it and they never fixed some of the problems that exist to this day!! I will never buy a FORD product again. Ford should stand for fix or repair daily or found on road dead!!!!!

It's getting better
By FrankTheCabOwner on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i own 2 1998 windstars and was not to happy with them. they each needed multiple transmissions. They also needed front-end work about every 50,000 miles they are each approaching 500,000 miles now. (They are Taxi's) I am very happy with the 2003 i just bought. They tell me the transmission problem has been fixed so that i should get 200-250k miles per trans, instead of the 100k the old ones lasted.

Not as nice as my Aerostar, but a hit
By Ryan- Minivan expert on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A nimble and clever van, but I would like to see more feature that were in its X-brother van Aerostar. No mechanical problems yet, but Warranty is up to 100K, so I don't need to worry. AWD is a necessity up here in Rochester,NY and FrontWD doesn't perform like our Aerostars, but this van will never rust, as it is plastic and is very safe. Our family always has the new minivan in the neighborhood and impressed a lot of friends, neighbors and family with this van. Will we upgrade to the new redesigned 2004 Windstar, I don't know yet, but that Caravan is looking nicer than before...

ford quality?????
By daniel lipps on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchases my 2002 windstar this year and found what i thought was a simple defect. I soon discovered that Ford takes responibility for it's mistakes! If one looks at the 2002 windstar's back right wheelwell there is no covering or protection to the elements. the other three are covered with a plastic sheld and rust preventive. i found that ford will make no effort to fix the factory defect and will insted let my $30,000 van rust!!!! I find Ford utterly noncompliant with my service needs and dismissed my concerns as understated.

Do not buy this vehicle
By neveragainford on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I heed warning to anyone who is interested in a Ford Windstar. Make sure you look around before you make your decision. This is a nice vehicle at first, until you start looking at what you can get for your money at the other brands. I think the best minivan on the market today is the Dodge Grand Caravan / Chrysler Town and Country! Where else can you get industry exclusive infrared climate control that is automatic, Power sliding doors with obsticle detection system, and a power rear lift gate standard? You can't even get them elsehere as an option. These are by far the supreme minivan on the market!

World's Safest Mini-Van
By macuser on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best mini-van I have ever owned, having previously owned a Chrysler Town & Country, Pontiac Montana, and GMC Safari. The Ford Windstar has the best of everything all in one well priced package.