Used 2003 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Windstar

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

FORDS AC/HEATER
By TOMP

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

OVERALL WORTH THE $$ AS A USED VEHICLE, BUT HEATER BLEND DOOR FAILED LEAVING US WITH LITTLE HEAT OR DEFROSTER IN COLORADO. FORD WANTS $1000 TO REPLACE THE WHOLE HEATER UNIT TO REPAIR A $20 DOOR. THIS IS A DESIGN PROBLEM. FORD DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY. tHIS IS MY THIRD FORD BUT LIKELY LAST.

Favorite Features

3.8 ENGINE

Suggested Improvements

STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT FORD.

Waste of money
By Unlucky

2003 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We spent over $33,000 on this car new. It has had nothing but problems with the doors, stalling, horrible noises coming from stero speakers in the doors, steering has already gone as well as mulitple other problems. Brakes and rotors need replacing every 10,000-15,000 miles. Car died after pulling into traffic; dealer couldn't reproduce the problem but I still paid a hefty fee for their diagnostic testing. Extended warranty we bought from Easy Care has covered nothing. Three years later, this car's resale value is only $9,000; what a waste of money! We will never, ever, ever purchase another Ford after our experience with this Windstar.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Can't even begin to list all the things that need to be improved. Just stay away from this Lemon, and don't let the new ads for the Freestar fool you...it's still the same old crummy Ford Windstar with a new name.

Excellent
By Lenny Bouley

2003 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort, Reliability, Performance, Secure feeling, All these attributes are what we feel when driving through the White mountains of NewHampshire especially on a dark road far away from anywhere. The Windstar should rate far better then any other minivan on the road today. After repairing cars, vans and tracker trailers over the years and owning other mini vans, I have never felt this strong about any other automobile.

Favorite Features

Smooth stable confortable solid ride that no other automobile has offered. Responsive to my driving habbits, Adjusts to any drivers habbits. In a word; (Safe)

Suggested Improvements

Better down road lighting for lowbeam or add factory secondary lowbeams to complament the primary lowbeams.

I love my van!
By twins4me2003

2003 Ford Windstar 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We only have the basic model, but I still love this van. We had to have a van with newborn twins!! This was the best for its value and space. One of my friends has a MVP and it is sooo cramped compared to my van.

Favorite Features

4 doors to get the babies in. Plenty of room for additional friends to ride along.

Family Fun..... and room to grow :)
By TaxiMom

2003 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It was a BIG mental step, being in my mid 30's and not wanting to be a labeled over the hill. But it was the best thing for me and my family. Room for everybody, smooth ride, easy in and out. Great gas milage & quite ride. I wasn't hip on having a TV in the van, but the split sound system and VCR have been very helpful for times when one child is in an appointment or class to keep the others entertained.

Favorite Features

seating! Options to "split" up the "she's touching me" syndrome. Adjustable driver seat, easy reach to all controls, Split audio system~~ HEADSETS!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Tissue holder.....lots of runny kid noses in this van!! My Ford salesman, Jeff, was a great help. The dealership treated me professionally and with respect.