2003 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
2003 WINDSTAR
By jhansen on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

GOOD PERFORMER TO DATE, SAFTEFY FEATURES A PLUS, I.E., REAR SENSOR, AUTOTRACTION, SAFTEY SIGNALS; WIFE AND KIDS LOVE THE RIDE AND ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

Don't be a sucker.
By kiddyvan on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Tested Windstar v. Gr Caravan. Windstar steering was sloppy; pedals awkward; steering wheel blocked panel, seats were uncomfortable. Tight around middle bench seat. Van small-approx 35 cu.ft. cargo space smaller than GC. Lots of neat gadgets - don't be sucked in by bells & whistles. Interior gadgets seem cheap. GC is the way to go. Smooth as can be! VERY comfortable. Superior design & handling. Dodge has it hands down! If you're making a purchase drive the Windstar first, then go get a GC!

bad car, avoid
By hadit on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This pig has been back for repairs regularly since we bought it new. Front end parts, interior pieces break, engine problems. Just replaced tranny, power steering unit, rack and pinion unit, starter, at 64000 miles. Electrical shorts abound with this car. I am fighting with Ford now. They know they have a loser in this one. Avoid at all costs. On my way to get a Honda or Toyota, US automakers do not care or build in quality.

I love it
By Nancy K. on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in June of 2002 and it has been wonderful ever since. The car has a great sound system and all of the diffrent features are amazing and wonderful. The engine is powerful and it does much better in snow and ice than my 1999 Windstar. I love the 17" rims as supposed to the 15" hubcaps. It seats many people and is also very comfortable. The video system is also good to have in case you are going on a long trip. The picture quality is beautiful! This car is the best I have ever owned! I don't know why everyone else hates it!

Don't buy it
By JodiN on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In short, 10 things went wrong with it in 12 months. I bought the Limited version, loaded, everything went wrong including transmission going out at 16000 miles. Major electrical problems. Uncomfortable second row seating. Pain to remove the third row seat when necessary. For the price, it's a rip off.

Don't get a windstar
By bellcurve on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a 97 Windstar. It was functional and did what it was intended to do - hull people. Then chose the basic 02 Windstar - and what difference. 1. Outside noise 2. Cheep and flimsy material (inside and out) 3. Annoying seat belt beeper 4. Inside lights shorted out 5. Feels like the wind could push the van over. 6. Poor excelleration, rough ride. 7. Visionless. It seems like they took an old formula and then simply tried to make money by cheepening all of the parts. The only revisions you get with newer models is price cuts in production with little in the way of new amenities. Very poor van. Will never get another one.

Windstar needs CPR
By R. Hardy on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Ford has droped the ball on this vehicle. I own a 1996 Windstar that was OK up to 50,000 miles. After 50,000 the van had no life left in it. It started with the transmission at 50,000 miles and as ended with a head gasket at 129,000. In between 50,000 and 129,000 miles there has been many problems and a lot of money spent. I will never buy a Ford Windstar again. The whole Windstar line needs CPR.

Piece of Junk
By wantmonybck on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since I Bought this so called vehicle it has been in the dealership no less than 18 times for various reasons. Things like alignment, arm rests falling off, molding falling off, numerous electrical issues. The lattest is the engine hesitates then surges. I live an work in Detroit in the auto industry and have always been a flag waving American car buyer but since Ford cares less about me I care less about them and I'm on my way to the Honda dealership to buy an Odysee that I am sure I will get my moneys worth.

Medium
By Verona,NJ on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2000 Windstar SE has been back to the dealer 4 times in 20 months. Twice for electrical problems. They were repaired quicly. My other car is a Nissan product which has never been back to the dealer. I would probably not by anoher Ford product better quality can be found in other vehicles.

Bad Seats
By F Soler on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Standard 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My chief complaint about my new 2002 Windstar is the design and construction of the front seats. The velour is hot and sticky, seats are very uncomfortable due to a weak spot near the rear of the seat that allows you to sink in. I had to trash them and replace them with a pair of leather power seats from a 2001 I found in a junk yard. Also, interior plastic parts rattle. Next time I'll buy an extended cab pick up or a big suv.