2003 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Excellent
By Lenny Bouley on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort, Reliability, Performance, Secure feeling, All these attributes are what we feel when driving through the White mountains of NewHampshire especially on a dark road far away from anywhere. The Windstar should rate far better then any other minivan on the road today. After repairing cars, vans and tracker trailers over the years and owning other mini vans, I have never felt this strong about any other automobile.

Wonderful
By Shayna on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two Windstars. The first is a 1995, and I still own it. It has 120,000+ miles on it, and she is still running like a champ. It is just as reliable today as it was the day I bought it. The second is the 2003. I wouldn't own anything else but a Ford vehicle. They are the only vehicles that I would ever trust enough to put my children in. Ford is a company that I can safely say truly knows what a growing family needs, RELIABILITY.

excellent
By PONCE on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I LOVE MY MINIVAN

A Ford for the Family
By RRSimplex on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great Van. Don't let some of the hype about reliability scare you. I am more comfortable sending my family out in the van than any we test drove. My wife loved it the first moment she pulled out on the highway. It's driver visabily is great.

2003 windstar
By jgth on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with my vehicle. Would like better gas milage. It is very comfortable with 4 captian seats.

Booboohips finally comfortable
By Booboohips on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 97 Crown Vic but my long legs and rebuilt hips were never comfortable. Sawgrass Ford gave me free loaners, usually Windstars, when I left the Vic for service. I noticed that my legs were in a much better position, my legs didn't cramp up from being stretched on low, and the van drove like a charm. I've never been as happy and comfortable with any of the scores of cars I've owned as I am with my Windstar

MY FORD IS OK
By MELISSA on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

THIS WAS OUR FIRST NEW CAR PURCHASE AND OUR FIRST VAN PURCHASE. ALTHOUGH I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS TOWARDS THIS CAR, I WOULD PROBABLY BUY ANOTHER

I love it
By Nancy K. on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in June of 2002 and it has been wonderful ever since. The car has a great sound system and all of the diffrent features are amazing and wonderful. The engine is powerful and it does much better in snow and ice than my 1999 Windstar. I love the 17" rims as supposed to the 15" hubcaps. It seats many people and is also very comfortable. The video system is also good to have in case you are going on a long trip. The picture quality is beautiful! This car is the best I have ever owned! I don't know why everyone else hates it!

It's getting better
By FrankTheCabOwner on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i own 2 1998 windstars and was not to happy with them. they each needed multiple transmissions. They also needed front-end work about every 50,000 miles they are each approaching 500,000 miles now. (They are Taxi's) I am very happy with the 2003 i just bought. They tell me the transmission problem has been fixed so that i should get 200-250k miles per trans, instead of the 100k the old ones lasted.

ford quality?????
By daniel lipps on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchases my 2002 windstar this year and found what i thought was a simple defect. I soon discovered that Ford takes responibility for it's mistakes! If one looks at the 2002 windstar's back right wheelwell there is no covering or protection to the elements. the other three are covered with a plastic sheld and rust preventive. i found that ford will make no effort to fix the factory defect and will insted let my $30,000 van rust!!!! I find Ford utterly noncompliant with my service needs and dismissed my concerns as understated.