2002 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Weird Engine Noise

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

Weird Engine Noise
By frustrated69 on

2002 Ford Windstar LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So I over payed from a crook used car dealer.....I hear about a lot of issues.....i call the dealer and they tell me there are no recalls. So yesterday I'm leaving a stop and I hear a pinging noise.....and I think nothing of it....now it does it when the car gets warm......and I'm pretty sure it is not the engine as it doesn't do it in park.......transmission? Lets not forget that I called the dealer about the brake issues and they told me its not on the recall list and the dang brake and ABS lights go on and off like fireworks.

Buy back all of them
By mary779
on 10/08/12 15:30 PM (PDT)

I'm so glad (in a way!!) to find out that so many other people have been having problems with their Windstar. The story above almost matches my experience. I bought my Windstar from a shady, dishonest jerk who owned a small used car lot on Murfreesboro Road in Smyrna, TN. He told me that the ABS/Brake light was on only because of a "dirty wheel sensor". Not true: his mechanic cleared the code that showed the expensive circuit panel wasn't working. Then, the brakes went out, along with the rotors; the rear tires were splitting open from the inside; the alarm system goes off at will; the actual mirror on the passenger side literally fell off as I was driving on the Interstate at 10 PM; the passenger doors won't unlock or lock until or unless I play with the remote; there are now a total of 10 different codes that make the "check engine" light stay on all the time. Do the problems with this vehicle ever end??????

By slimpikinz
on 11/15/11 07:02 AM (PST)

http://www.fordwindstarrecall.info/#Problem1 check this page out and get your scds and ecm checked before there is a fire, also, it lists what the recalls cover. great forum/page and lots of info....