transmission failure
By Denise on
2002 Ford Windstar LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
The Ford Motor Company has been notorious for building poor quality cars that do not last past 100,000 miles. This van is no exception to their "Fix Or Repair Daily" reputation. We purchased the Windstar used with 60,000 miles on it, figuring we'd at least make it to 100,000 before anything substantial went wrong. I use the van to drive my homeschooled children to their many activities and I drive the speed-limit while doing so. Aside from the various annoying problems, we have just experienced transmission failure at 83,000 miles. And from my research, we were lucky to get that much from the van. I've seen reports of failure on this model starting at 30,000 miles!! Ford should pay, yet...
Favorite Features
There is no feature in this car that cannot be had for the same money in any other brand vehicle that will maintain quality and reliability.
Suggested Improvements
Ford must declare their transmissions to be faulty or admit to the poor craftsmanship and extend the warranty of transmissions to 100,000, at least. Never buy any Ford, Ever!