One Sweet Ride
By Woodbyrne on
2002 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Purchased this vehicle used with 38,000 miles on it. Traded in my '04 Escape because we needed a bigger vehicle to haul the kids around. Never thought I'd be driving a minivan, but this Windstar is perfect for us. Our 3-year old loves the VCR Entertainment System. Our 3-month old enjoys looking out the huge side windows. We were looking for something with enough room for a third child one day and something that was safe. Our Windstar is jet black with chrome trim. Reminds me of MTV's Pimp My Ride, which I think is a good thing. We knew the Honda and Toyota are rated higher, but they cost too much and would have come with tons of mileage. The Windstar is a great deal and is recommended.
Favorite Features
Luxurious interior. Plenty of cargo room and storage space. Power doors are great. Love the warning system when backing up. Looks sharp in black. Tons of safety. Very strong acceleration. Great "Family Truckster."
Suggested Improvements
A little more engine refinement to lessen engine noise (it's not that bad, though). Less interior noise when hitting bumps. Front is fine but back rattles a little bit. Still not that big of a deal. Better MPG (although I never heard of a minivan with GOOD MPG). Still better than an SUV.