2002 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Apparently, I got a good one

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

Apparently, I got a good one
By Family Guy on

2002 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When our second child arrived I relented and purchased a minivan..Looked at several others but the Windstar SEL had the most room, the most luxurious interior, and because someone else ate the initial depreciation hit it was also the most reasonably priced for year/miles/options. I paid $9500 cash for our loaded SEL w/ 68K. In a little over 3 years of ownership and 33,000 miles I have replaced the following: Battery, Front tires, Temp sensor, and 1 headlight, that's it. Can't complain about $400 in repairs over a 3 year period. We are averaging 20.5 mpg since we got it and I see no need to replace it even though it just turned 100K. Treat it right and it will do the same to you~

The SEL has leather, tilt, cruise, dual AC, 4 captains chairs, power adjustable pedals, remote entry including power sliding doors, ABS, traction control, rear warning, a decent CD audio system, rear audio and heat/AC controls, alloy wheels etc.. It's like a Lincoln with the room of a full size van.

I can't think of too many things that could be improved on.. Ours is reliable, comfortable, smooth down the road, and is a pleasure to take a trip in. If I had to nitpick, I'd like some more sound insulation and maybe a heads up display for speed.