Used 2002 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

One Sweet Ride
By Woodbyrne

2002 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used with 38,000 miles on it. Traded in my '04 Escape because we needed a bigger vehicle to haul the kids around. Never thought I'd be driving a minivan, but this Windstar is perfect for us. Our 3-year old loves the VCR Entertainment System. Our 3-month old enjoys looking out the huge side windows. We were looking for something with enough room for a third child one day and something that was safe. Our Windstar is jet black with chrome trim. Reminds me of MTV's Pimp My Ride, which I think is a good thing. We knew the Honda and Toyota are rated higher, but they cost too much and would have come with tons of mileage. The Windstar is a great deal and is recommended.

Luxurious interior. Plenty of cargo room and storage space. Power doors are great. Love the warning system when backing up. Looks sharp in black. Tons of safety. Very strong acceleration. Great "Family Truckster."

A little more engine refinement to lessen engine noise (it's not that bad, though). Less interior noise when hitting bumps. Front is fine but back rattles a little bit. Still not that big of a deal. Better MPG (although I never heard of a minivan with GOOD MPG). Still better than an SUV.

I Love My Van
By Martinezfam1126

2002 Ford Windstar LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this van used and I love it. I get better mileage than I get with my husband's new Honda. My son loves climbing in and out of it. We have taken this van everywhere and it works perfect.

Adjustable gas/brake pedals, adjustable lumbar support. Handles in the back for grocery bags. Adjustable temperature in the back for passengers.

The seat should be able to go higher for shorter people.

Good Van
By rhinobrecht

2002 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Windstar has been very reliable and enjoyable in general for us. The sliding doors tend to stick a little especially on cold mornings. The seats are very comfortable and the amenities are good for the money, I think. I believe the '02's only had the VHS (no DVD) available for the entertainment system so we opted not to get it. I wasn't overly impressed with the Chevy Venture in design or comfort for the same price (although they did have the DVD player). There have been minor problems, but overall it's been reliable and a great van for the family.

Comfortable seats, wood accents, two tone color, sliding back doors, average mileage and miles to empty digital readings.

More cargo space, more cup holders, pull-out cup holders on bottom back of front console, flip down armrest on back bench with cup holders, push button fold flat seats on Limited styles - get the DVD system!

Family Van
By Jean Otte

2002 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our Windstar has been a nice vehicle for our family. We had a Dodge before and I like this Windstar better. Would recommend it to anyone wanting a small van.

Drivers seat with the power adjustments. Comfortable.

Storage compartment between front seats not a good design.

I love my van
By stempy

2002 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for about a month now but so far, we LOVE it. No problems whatsoever

power sliding doors, power seat, quad buckets

fold in floor rear seats (quads and bench) more storage bins, power lift gate

• SUV