2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Happy SE Owner
By jonl on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After 7000 miles, we have no complaints about our SE van.

Stinks on workmanship
By xolo90 on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second windstar. It sucks big time. everything is falling apart @ 14.8k miles. Windows dont close right. radio had to be replaced. The a two sliding doors did work for a while. Ford need to stop allowing workers beer breaks some the job.

If this isn't crap, I don't know what is
By CoolpersonNot on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The worst van on the market? Definitely. After having this pos in the shop 4 times for the same problem and now suing the dealer under the lemon law, I am totally fed up. I'm taking the money from the settlement and do what I should have done to begin with - buy an Odyssey.

Windstar Sport
By A.I. on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had the van for 3 months and are very satisfied with it. It has 4500KM's on it so far. We have taken it on 3 long road trips (3 hours at 130 - 140KPH) and the L/K (M/G) is great. We have been able to get 720KM, 705KM and 715KM on one tank of gas on the trips. In the city we're getting between 500 - 550KM's. We owned a Taurus SE prior to this van and found the van drives just as nice as the Taurus. The 200HP engine helps on mountain roads and passing. The looks of the van are great as well. Black looks the best on this van. We will most likely buy the van at the end of the lease.

Jury Still Out
By Anonymous Bruce on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased just prior to new family addition. No journeys yet to see how it handles luggage load. For our around town it's been fine. Gas mileage marginal, at best, around town. Missing thumb release button to disengage parking brake we realized the first time we got away from the dealer and used the parking brake. Stranded slightly temporarily--the dealer fixed in good time. Plan on updating review after more comprehensive use. We particularly enjoy the adjustable foot pedals and power side rear doors.

The Windstar
By tt on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Get a Honda

WINDSTAR SE
By BILL on 03/14/02 20:58 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

TRADED 1999 CHEVY ASTRO FOR 2000 WINDSTAR SE. MUCH BETTER RIDE AND COMFORT.

SE Sport Wins!!
By Ray on 03/12/02 10:48 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have the SE Sport in Black, and both young and old stop to tell me how nice my van looks. It has the entertainment package and with that the kids are always behaving. The van has plenty of power and the interior in just as sporty as the outside. Overall I don't care for the looks of the windstar, but the sports package and spoiler gives it a look that no other van has. The only down side is I've had to take it several times for recalls.

windstar woes
By cruise00 on 03/03/02 00:31 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is still under warranty but has been repaired more than 5 times!! Very faulty transmission, exceptionally noisy engine, and unreliable wiring. May be unique to this car but has been the poorest vehicle purchase I have ever made!

Windstar - if you can't get the oddessey
By adpin on 02/28/02 18:27 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only reason I leased the Windstar was the fact that I couldn't get the Honda Odessey. The lease on the Windstar similar to the Odessey since the residual is so much better on the Honda. The Windstar has been in the shop 4 times now for recalls. The steering fluid pump had to be replaced, as well as the ignition control module. The Windstar might be safe, but not very good. I'm glad I don't own it. The rear bench is very heavy, and should really be removed with 2 people.