2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
We love it!
By tmwalsh on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We just love the van. It is comfortable, roomy, easy to get in and out of. The kids love it and so do I.

Road Trip King
By Copper on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

55,000 trouble free miles in under 2 years, only regular maintenance needed and still on same tires. Lots of long trips 1000+ miles, kids love the VCR. Gas mileage is fine, van cruises great, quiet at 75mph. Only problem has been a stereo changed under warranty. Leather and carpets wearing well, exterior finish is excellent and two tone gold paint looks great.

Great van
By Brian Puck on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall government safety rating for crash worthiness really clinched this deal. Ride is great, comfort and sheer size is unbelievable. Fit & finish is super. Reliability is great too. Hertz car sales are perfect. Price is on the windshield, no hassles. After 1 year of use and 24K miles, they sold it for $8K below what new ones cost. We are very satisfied.

Fairly Good
By First Ford Ever on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A great road cruiser and very comfortable on long trips. Safety ratings top which was important to us. Video a hit with the kids. Dealership is best I've ever dealt with though, so making ownership experience tolerable. Road noise too much at this level.

Ford Windstar In the Shop
By bjdeliduka on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this Windstar for 105 days. It has spent 26 of those days (24%) in the repair shop with a series of failures. TSB's seem to be announced by Ford 2 or 3 days after my van suffers a failure. Anyone wana buy my van?

2002 Windstar Limited
By dmeadesr on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the new Windstar It is well equiped and very easy to drive.

Good overall
By samnoe on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Now, after 12 months driving my 2002 Windstar, I'm still satisfied with most of it. good ride, quiet unless you give gas, comfortable, but could improve (see below).

Nice Van
By SecondWindstar on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We only have 6,500 miles on the van so far and no problems other then dirt building up in the manual sliding door tracks which I just clean out (twice) and I also had to spray WD40 on the sliding doors to stop some squeaks but they work perfect now. Also, tail light was kind of hanging out a little so I loosened two screws and clicked it back in, no big deal. Van rides very nice and runs perfect. Transmission shifts perfect and drive train operates flawlessly with food power.

no go in the snow
By no go on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our van will not go in as little as 2 inches of snow.We needed to purchase the side signal MIRROR;mirror $40 which is the only part needed, but with signal mirrors you need to purchase the whole assembly for $225 + paint to match. Engine noise is VERY noticeable.A few times now when started, there is a grinding noise in the starting system. Sound system is not what we expected for the price.Gas mileage is also a concern(highway 18 mpg, city 15mpg)On the other hand, the exterior is beautiful with black paint (except for a few flaws in the workmanship on the roof).The entertainment sytem is great for the kids.The driver center is a plus.

2002 Ford Windstar
By chubren on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have only had it one year and my wife loves it. It has run well, so far. The only problems have been a strut that went bad after only a couple months and the poor quality of the interior. Our last Windstar had very comfortable seats. The metal supports in this van have come up through the padding on the seats and the headrest. The speaker volume cuts out in one of the sliding doors. The only other negative aspect is the pick up. It takes a few seconds of hitting the gas, before it really takes off.