Used 2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Rolling Bar
By Dustlyman

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well this '02 is my 2nd Ford Windstar, my first one was a '00. Both were used from my wife's grandpa. So when they hit 50,000 he sold them to me. So I have been pimpin Windstars for the past 5 years. Got to say I love the space. I take out the middle seat and leave them out, leave in the back ones (no kids yet) friend/family say it's like a limo. Just throw whatever I want in the middle, it's great for groceries, trips to home Depot/Lowes. Also makes it easy to mix drinks out of. If you take out all of the seats you have a reg cab pick-up with a cover. As far as any problems, none got 88,500 on it now. Excellent in the snow. A/C, heater works great

Favorite Features

I like the 4 doors, easy access. I like how you can move the brake pedal up and down and that it tells you when you have a low tire. 26 gallon fuel tank

Suggested Improvements

Put a better radio in it so I don't have to keep buying better ones.

Bad Gas, Good Power!
By Lucky

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van in 2004 and have had it since. I have had no major engine problems, the gas mileage is horrible 16 city and 20 highway, my sisters GMC Envoy does better than that. I would recomend this van. I like it better then any other van. I'm looking at trading it in now because the trade in value stinks. I paid $15,000 for mine and now it is worth $4,500. I bought it with 20,000 miles and it now has 101,000. I would recomend this van to any one, just be prepared to spend money in gas, at $4.00 a gallon it cost me $104 to fill the tank.

Favorite Features

Engine power, key pad on door, power doors, parking sensors, rear air

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, lighter seats, better resale value

Last Word
By grrover

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well I after reading these reviews before I bought the car I thought gee everyone is pretty positive. I bought the car I was happy for about three years great van and I have owned three Caravans before. The Ford was lot more comfortable on the highway and lot more preppy. But whoa! When it hit the fourth year the thing just started to fall apart! I have spent over $ 5000 on repairs in the last year! $2,500 in one month alone. My mechanic says hey its cheaper than buying a new car! Sure its lining his pockets. The he tells me that my engine shaking is a a minor engine overhaul for replacing the head gaskets a mere $1,200. I decided to trade it in on a new Outback this week.

Favorite Features

Confortable ride, good hauling capacity and powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality longer lasting. Better fuel economy thus smaller gas tank so that it doesn't cost $100 to fill it.

2002 Ford Windstar
By nunzie mollicone

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is garaged. Drive about7000 mi per year. Never been in any accidents. Had to relace alternator and battery last year. Handles beautiful, very smooth ride.

Favorite Features

Love the DVD, safety back up signal, air bags front sides. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Should have had the towing package for my boat.

Would someone please crush this van
By Why oh why did I buy

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Suckered in by a low purchase price used - $12,000 with only 20k miles. The steep depreciation should have been a clue. Lumbering handling, decent acceleration, 20 mpg. Eats brake rotors and various other expensive things. Cupholder jumps up and down wildly. Transmission occasionally misses a shift, and pauses in an apparent neutral state for a second while the engine freely revs to the sky. To top it off, two months ago the anti-lock and brake warning lights turn on after the engine warms up. Ford dealer says it's the speed control module, and it ain't cheap. Power windows quit about the same time. I keep hoping someone would just steal it. Sickening ownership experience.

Favorite Features

Heat and air work very well.

Suggested Improvements

What can I say. They don't make them anymore. Well, I bought it because I could get it cheap. Yup, I got cheap.