2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
One Sweet Ride
By Woodbyrne on 06/22/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used with 38,000 miles on it. Traded in my '04 Escape because we needed a bigger vehicle to haul the kids around. Never thought I'd be driving a minivan, but this Windstar is perfect for us. Our 3-year old loves the VCR Entertainment System. Our 3-month old enjoys looking out the huge side windows. We were looking for something with enough room for a third child one day and something that was safe. Our Windstar is jet black with chrome trim. Reminds me of MTV's Pimp My Ride, which I think is a good thing. We knew the Honda and Toyota are rated higher, but they cost too much and would have come with tons of mileage. The Windstar is a great deal and is recommended.

I Love My Van
By Martinezfam1126 on 04/21/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this van used and I love it. I get better mileage than I get with my husband's new Honda. My son loves climbing in and out of it. We have taken this van everywhere and it works perfect.

Good Van
By rhinobrecht on 03/03/05 12:19 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Windstar has been very reliable and enjoyable in general for us. The sliding doors tend to stick a little especially on cold mornings. The seats are very comfortable and the amenities are good for the money, I think. I believe the '02's only had the VHS (no DVD) available for the entertainment system so we opted not to get it. I wasn't overly impressed with the Chevy Venture in design or comfort for the same price (although they did have the DVD player). There have been minor problems, but overall it's been reliable and a great van for the family.

Family Van
By Jean Otte on 12/19/04 08:21 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our Windstar has been a nice vehicle for our family. We had a Dodge before and I like this Windstar better. Would recommend it to anyone wanting a small van.

I love my van
By stempy on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for about a month now but so far, we LOVE it. No problems whatsoever

Poor design
By Konrad 2002 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Last year, I bought a year old SEL Windstar. I am getting rid of it this year. Poor interior use of space. There is hardly any storage inside the car. Back seat is uncomfortable for adults and a hassle to get into the back seat. Radio has very poor reception. I had it replaced by the dealer, but it still only picks up a few stations in a major metro area. Drives poorly on snow or slippery roads. Pretty good on mileage for this type of vehicle. It would be nice to have a full spare, since it's mounted under the vehicle.

Love The Van!
By faceless1 on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It rides really smooth and quietly. We love the additional features and the flexibility. Love the van!

I am a soccer Mom!
By mpr0823 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a van that stands out from the rest of the ho hum dodge drivers! I am extremly happy with it, My kids love it! And with the highest front crash test rating, who can complain!

Trouble Free
By Kern on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had 46000 trouble free miles with our Windstar Limited. Wish the third seat folded flat and worry like others about whether the doors will stop before crushing a child's arm. Otherwise we find it comfortable, easy to drive and great for long trips. It is more comfortable but less powerful than my daughter's Honda O. Will buy the Freestar this year.

Some car dealer only wants to sell !
By J Boniec on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Brake Master cylinder had to be replaced during the first few months I drove the Van. The dealership I purchase the Van Could not do a sample rear mirror upgrade to my satisfaction so I never did return to Jordan Ford at San Antonio, Texas. I was told it would hold its value , after 16 months it is worth 45% of its purchase price. I will not buy another Ford product again.