Used 2002 Ford Windstar Limited Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Would I Buy It Again? Maybe
By Windstar Sport

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in Oct,03.It had only 7600 miles on it. I have driven it up & down the I-5 probably at least 12(roundtrip) times. It has yet to fail me on the road. I love the versatility of using it for people, animals, & camping. However, I have spent at least $6,000 on repairs; transmission went out at 89,000 miles. Alternator went out last year. Some computer stuff, too. My brake light & parking brake stays on all the time. Cost 1700 to fix & still can't get the light to turn off. I just paid the car off in Sept/09. Can't afford a new car at this time, so I take good care of it. People still tell me it looks brand new. Next van I get I want seats that go into the floor,

Tire gauge; has both cd & tape deck

Just get the mechanics of it all to last longer

Overall Good Vehicle
By cretian

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new, garage kept. Very reliable vehicle. Safe driving, especially in bad weather. Like auto doors but they've had bugs from the beginning. Very roomy & comfortable for adults & children & nice for long trips of 1000+ miles but very noisy on highway- outside noise and air noise while driving-you think windows are cracked open. Misc repairs during time owned- glad we got extended warranty. Now with 100,000 miles more stuff is breaking & in last 2 months traction bar rusted thru/cracked in half, sway bar links and engine gasket replaced- all normal? Interior leather still in great shape. Overall really like & will keep it for as many years as possible. Still looks good!

Comfortable seats - lots of room. Heated seats and VHS player. Safety features and handles well in bad weather.

Rear windows that roll down, better noise insulation. 2nd row seats that move for people to climb in to rear seats.

2002 Ford Windstar
By nunzie mollicone

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is garaged. Drive about7000 mi per year. Never been in any accidents. Had to relace alternator and battery last year. Handles beautiful, very smooth ride.

Love the DVD, safety back up signal, air bags front sides. Comfortable seats.

Should have had the towing package for my boat.

Still driving the Mom Mobile
By Mfranck

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Until this week, I never had a single problem with my Windstar. I can't wait to get it back from the dealership (let's hope the extended warranty covers the ABS failure). At 74,000 miles this car has held up and drives beautifully. In the snow when the SUV's can't make it up our hill, my Windstar out performs them all. Two kids, five dogs and the interior still looks new. I truly cannot say a bad thing about this car except that since my kids are older it isn't cool to drive.

Being able to see over the dashboard and the adjustable pedals

Make it easier to remove the backseats and have a tray on the back seats so the kids can put a game console there

One Year Update
By Woodbyrne

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a year since we bought this minivan. Overall we love its functionality. The one minor problem is the back seat. We knew it didn't fold flat when we got it but it would be nice if it did. Getting it out is not that hard but it is very heavy. I can do it alone but it's a good workout. So far there have been no problems at all. The kids love it and so does my wife. Now that gas is $3 per gallon and rising, wish it had better fuel economy. No minivan is really fuel efficient but this thing is a pig. We average 16mpg with mostly local stop-and-go driving. We are seriously considering trading it in for a more efficient wagon but it has been so reliable we can't.

Black and chrome, baby! Kids love the entertainment center. Tons of room. A great family hauler. Two adults fit comfortable in the 3rd row. Good in the snow and bad weather with all of the safety features. A great cruiser.

Fuel economy is atrocious but still better than an SUV of equal size. You have to make sure your kids don't play around and have the power doors close on them. I stood in the way of the door to see how much force is needed before they open and the door basically moved me (235 pounds).