2002 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Would I Buy It Again? Maybe
By Windstar Sport on 12/29/09 21:26 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in Oct,03.It had only 7600 miles on it. I have driven it up & down the I-5 probably at least 12(roundtrip) times. It has yet to fail me on the road. I love the versatility of using it for people, animals, & camping. However, I have spent at least $6,000 on repairs; transmission went out at 89,000 miles. Alternator went out last year. Some computer stuff, too. My brake light & parking brake stays on all the time. Cost 1700 to fix & still can't get the light to turn off. I just paid the car off in Sept/09. Can't afford a new car at this time, so I take good care of it. People still tell me it looks brand new. Next van I get I want seats that go into the floor,

Overall Good Vehicle
By cretian on 02/21/09 20:50 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new, garage kept. Very reliable vehicle. Safe driving, especially in bad weather. Like auto doors but they've had bugs from the beginning. Very roomy & comfortable for adults & children & nice for long trips of 1000+ miles but very noisy on highway- outside noise and air noise while driving-you think windows are cracked open. Misc repairs during time owned- glad we got extended warranty. Now with 100,000 miles more stuff is breaking & in last 2 months traction bar rusted thru/cracked in half, sway bar links and engine gasket replaced- all normal? Interior leather still in great shape. Overall really like & will keep it for as many years as possible. Still looks good!

2002 Ford Windstar
By nunzie mollicone on 03/09/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is garaged. Drive about7000 mi per year. Never been in any accidents. Had to relace alternator and battery last year. Handles beautiful, very smooth ride.

Still driving the Mom Mobile
By Mfranck on 08/08/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Until this week, I never had a single problem with my Windstar. I can't wait to get it back from the dealership (let's hope the extended warranty covers the ABS failure). At 74,000 miles this car has held up and drives beautifully. In the snow when the SUV's can't make it up our hill, my Windstar out performs them all. Two kids, five dogs and the interior still looks new. I truly cannot say a bad thing about this car except that since my kids are older it isn't cool to drive.

One Year Update
By Woodbyrne on 07/13/06 06:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a year since we bought this minivan. Overall we love its functionality. The one minor problem is the back seat. We knew it didn't fold flat when we got it but it would be nice if it did. Getting it out is not that hard but it is very heavy. I can do it alone but it's a good workout. So far there have been no problems at all. The kids love it and so does my wife. Now that gas is $3 per gallon and rising, wish it had better fuel economy. No minivan is really fuel efficient but this thing is a pig. We average 16mpg with mostly local stop-and-go driving. We are seriously considering trading it in for a more efficient wagon but it has been so reliable we can't.

One Sweet Ride
By Woodbyrne on 06/22/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used with 38,000 miles on it. Traded in my '04 Escape because we needed a bigger vehicle to haul the kids around. Never thought I'd be driving a minivan, but this Windstar is perfect for us. Our 3-year old loves the VCR Entertainment System. Our 3-month old enjoys looking out the huge side windows. We were looking for something with enough room for a third child one day and something that was safe. Our Windstar is jet black with chrome trim. Reminds me of MTV's Pimp My Ride, which I think is a good thing. We knew the Honda and Toyota are rated higher, but they cost too much and would have come with tons of mileage. The Windstar is a great deal and is recommended.

Love The Van!
By faceless1 on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It rides really smooth and quietly. We love the additional features and the flexibility. Love the van!

Trouble Free
By Kern on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had 46000 trouble free miles with our Windstar Limited. Wish the third seat folded flat and worry like others about whether the doors will stop before crushing a child's arm. Otherwise we find it comfortable, easy to drive and great for long trips. It is more comfortable but less powerful than my daughter's Honda O. Will buy the Freestar this year.

Road Trip King
By Copper on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

55,000 trouble free miles in under 2 years, only regular maintenance needed and still on same tires. Lots of long trips 1000+ miles, kids love the VCR. Gas mileage is fine, van cruises great, quiet at 75mph. Only problem has been a stereo changed under warranty. Leather and carpets wearing well, exterior finish is excellent and two tone gold paint looks great.

2002 Windstar Limited
By dmeadesr on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the new Windstar It is well equiped and very easy to drive.