Used 2002 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

NOT THE VAN JUST LUCK OF THE DRAW
By minerissues79

2002 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

me and my wife just had issues with our dodge minivan motor went befor that tranny went 10,000 befor that in total it had 165,000 when it was retired so we were in trouble no 6kids and i was let go from job after 16yrs thanks obama/bush? both did it so no money no car got job at local fast food joint saved and found the windstar at local dealer about 3months ago for 1thousand dollars my wife was worried it needed little rust repair but didnt scare me off dodge had same issue and paid 5times the money for it so got it fixed it runs good for yr drives good to no probs has little tick in motor but all cars seem to over 150,000 oh yeah it had 178tho just miles not b nuyn new soon keep02 4me

the captin chairs in back middle consule in front none in old van auto doors vcp system plenty of room and dont look half bad for a van like the traction control second car i owned with it works great i think i love the van inside and out i fixed the rust going to go get paint next week and a full tune up and i know we will be good for over 200,000

use better metals so wont rust so fast seems all vans have same issue in that department if you ever had dodge and got in to windstar after you would pick it hands down there plan jane and have more issues then ford but inculsion its a van thing both have issues ive read and lived in dodge tranny and motor rocker panels cv joint battery altenator etc so im staying away from dodge and dont start me on chevys if you get a venture u betta have a harness and strong back cuz you will def be pilling the kidos around in it so wind star i bought a high mileage one with sum rust on it but i do it again if needed or found another for price thanks ford you made my family happy

Good overall
By samnoe

2002 Ford Windstar LX Deluxe 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Now, after 12 months driving my 2002 Windstar, I'm still satisfied with most of it. good ride, quiet unless you give gas, comfortable, but could improve (see below).

Baby Sleeping mode lamps, Illuminated controls for power door locks/windows, Adjustable pedals, comfortable seating, smooth ride,

Refined engine, should be more quiet, better fuel economy, front map lamps (it's now almost in the second seat),reliability, 8-way power seats (not just 6), Auto climate control, illuminated key ring, fog lamps, thater dimming lamps...