2001 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Thank god we bought this van!
By Chris Fordfan on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded my 2000 F-150 (std 2wd, 5 spd sport truck...bought 2 weeks before my wife became pregnant w/ our FIRST daughter...worthless for kids)and we traded our 96 Taurus LX w/ the 24v motor and duals, leather, etc. The dealer paid off our trades, and we paid 17,500 for a 2001 w/ 20k. Dealer was honest, fair, and easy to deal with. Van has great fit and finish inside, except passenger side sliding door rattles over bumps. Van feels solid and safe, and for once I got a Ford with a smooth shifting tranny.

Feel the power
By Calman on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the features offered. The only thing that I do not like is the seatbelt configuration. If you remove the rear seat, you lose the use of the seatbelts for the center two seats.

Oh My Gosh! (Oh Henry! Where Art Thou?)
By Stan The Man on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe how my opinion of Ford products has changed. I currently own two Ford products. (A 2000 Lincoln LS Sport, 2001 Windstar SEL). This is the worst any vehicles have ever performed for me. The van has been recalled 5 times so far, and the check engine light is on now at only 11,000 miles and regular service. The van rides well, is not as noisy as some would say, but has proven very unreliable thus far. I never thought I would feel this way. Oh why in the name of Henry Ford has this happened?

disgrunteld owner
By james skaggs on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There are rattles,all over noisy engine poor paint quality. Over all it is just so overpriced

I LOVE mine!!!
By kylemommy on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Granted I just bought it and bought it used (low miles), and I LOVE it. I test drove most all of the vans out there and this one has the best pick-up by far. It has a nice big engine in it which I was really looking for, is a safe vehicle and I like the exterior design of not having to see those awful looking sliding door tracks in the middle of the back panel. It was by far the biggest van inside and I find the legroom fine in the back. I love driving this vehicle and can't wait to take my next trip in it!

Pleasant Surprise
By Moaner on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With 2 boy kids we took the van plunge. A year later the SE is very satisfying. Sleeps outside and looks as good today as at delivery. Wheels are easy to clean. Oil changes are a breeze (though 5w-20 oil can be tricky to find) The van is spacious though kids will find a way to beat each other its more effort now. The van is almost too comfortable. At 6'1" #245 at least once I've wandered on a dark and quiet road. The back seat is great for waiting out kiddie parties. Downers: Unresolved whirring noise at lights (guess: power steering.) Dealer couldn't or wouldn't fix it. Needs more pickup power (but then all minivans get cut off) The lady differs but to me traction control is hype.

Not good
By mkahler on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had nothing but problems with this vehicle and the dealership. Many recalls on this vehicle. Many small exterior problems, like the edging coming off, missing caps for rear wipers. I purchased two of these at the same time.

Took another chance
By jeff on 03/08/02 14:00 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had leased a 1999 Windstar - glad we did not buy - as we went through two transmissions - and were on our noisy third. Got an "Early Bird Termination" letter from Ford and got rid of the 1999 lemon after only 28 months of the 36 month lease and leased a new 2001 Leased another one - 2001 Windstar SE - for under $400 per month - fully loaded with leather, power sliding doors, and entertainment center.