2001 Ford Windstar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Quality Van
By jkak62 on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The van has plenty of power to tow or load it up with kids and stuff.We have had 3 Windstar vans and they all have been very reliable.

My 2001 Windsatr
By 65mustangken on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room and plenty of power.

I love my windstar!
By mommyofone on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this car - we've had no problems at all with it. It's very comfortable, great for long trips. Great headroom - my husband's 6'5", and he's able to comfortably sit in his seat, doesn't have to tilt the seat back at all. I'd recommend this van to anyone. Great crash rating.

Windstar SEL 2001
By Wonderman on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle. A little short on power and inside conveniences but very reliable and great gas mileage. Just bought a 2003 as a matter of fact.

No problems, Yet?
By contented customer on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far, no problems. I have heard horror stories about this 3.8 engine blowing head gaskets, hopefully they have fixed that problem. Vehicle is everything I thought it was supposed to be, being a minivan and all. Dual auto- sliding doors make it useful with 2 little ones. Don't think there is one thing that has gone bad in this vehicle, other than the VCR for some reason won't pull out. Not that it matters since I'd rather it stay where it is. The rear reverse sensors do get annoying as it does beep alot even when nothing is behind the vehicle. I just hope that everything continues working as great as it has been.

2001 Ford Windstar Ext LX
By munchkinohio on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a smooth ride,it is very comfortable, there is plenty of legroom in the back seat,lots of space, nice to have privacy glass also

Our 2001 Windstar
By minivan marv on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I recently rolled up our sleeves and ventured into the uncharted territory of minivan ownership. We immediately fell in love with the smooth ride of the Windstar and both felt that we would gladly sacrifice cornering prowess for a smooth ride. In the end, we couldn't get the Windstar's ride or reputation of safety out of our minds and have no regrets about our decision. With lots of power, great visibility, a smooth ride and almost no road noise, we feel very comfortable bombing around town or heading out on a long trip.

2001 Ford Windstar LX
By evblitch on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice ride however the trunk door is really heavy and can be quite hard for a petite person to reach up and close. Paint scratches very easily. Drives very smooth and can fit up to 7 people comfortably. I like the option of being able to take out the 3rd seat.

I'msorry
By Joe consumer on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar SE Sport 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The dealership replaced exhaust sensors rear hatch switches, engine sensors, reah hatch plungers, door open switches, transmission ( lost reverse & overdrive)all 4 tires went bad (broken belts)with in 2 weeks. Brake light comes on when stopping or when hand brake is released but they can not fix. Noisey ride (wind noise)

Dont by a Windstar
By Most Unhappy on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar SE Sport 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced bad sensors, bearings, switches, body side panels, transmission, window motor