2001 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Very happy with the van
By cycledan on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Much less money than competing imports. In 3 years and 36000 miles no problems other than a check engine light caused by a bad sensor (EGR flow P0401) and covered by warranty. Good acceleration for a van, lots of room especially with back bench folded down or pulled out. Feels safe and solid to go along with 5 star crash rating.

Even Ford can't figure out whats wrong
By xFordMan on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Check engine light came on, fixed sensor for $150 at Ford dealer. Came on again in a week, had to pay for another diagnosis, but pointed again to sensor which was just repaced...dealer perplexed as to what could be worng said "its fine those lights always come on". Next ABS light and the red brake light came on together which according to the usre manual sidnals a fault in the ABS system...deal diagnosed again but could not figure out why those lights came on. This is a vehical with what could be nice features but it is not built to last. WE still owe $3600 on this beast and was hoping to have a few years w/o paymnets...I learned my lesson next time a Toyota.

Never Again
By AFZ on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was 2nd Windstar - traded 1st one because of electrical problems. Nothing's changed - dealer nor corporate engineers can fix. The way they get around the lemon law is to say it's always a different part. I have already got rid of my Ford Explorer and will do same with Windstar and will NEVER buy Ford again. Ford is also a customer of my manufacturing plant Ė they are the slowest payers and every year they dictate a lower price for products than they agreed to in writing. Lawsuit against Ford? They have more $ and put more manufacturers out of business than all other car companies. I donít even care if I loose them as a customer.

Nothing but trouble
By Zeiler on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Continual electrical problems, just like last Ford Windstar. Will buy someone elses minivan next time.

Three Years Later
By GeorgeB on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this Van performed pretty much as expected. There was a rating ding about the side pannel blocking sight which is my only safety complaint. For a van the vehicle did quite well. However, it took three years to fix the right rear sliding door. Even though the warranty was up the company honored the repair work (labor and parts) because they never were able to fix the thing until this month. (My lease is up next month) Traction control system went bad about thwo months ago and it took $600 dollars and a long time to fix.

Sadly disappointed
By boizmom on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Windstar we have been afflicted with. The first was a 1999 and we finally got rid of it because in the heat, the rear sliding doors would pop ajar. This new one has also had issues with the sliders ( the same issue). Now, I am finding plenty of little things going wrong. I am just tired of spending my time in the dealership. We have also discovered that the rear heating system is poorly designed. There is a vent aimed at the drivers' seat. So, when the kids are cold, but the driver is warm, too bad for the driver (or the kids)- the driver roasts while the kids still shiver.

estimate value
By William L Carlson on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle for me I have made three trips cross country and no problems. I have it serviced between 3000 & 5000 miles interior clean and witout damage exterior in good condition

Good van
By Homeless ministry on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This van is the easiest for my friend with the bad knees to get into and out of. That and the need for room for charity work is why I bought it. Plenty of power. Had a few problems when I first bought it, but has 56000 miles on it and has never in over a month left me stranded or had any kind of breakdown. OK ride, some people think it is quiet, but I think is a little noisy and my friends Town and Country is smoother and quieter, but not as peppy.

comfortable ride
By n2games on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As the driver of this car, I find it more comfortable than any of the other cars I drive for work. I drive about 50,000 miles a year total. I rent cars about 1/2 the time. The windstar has plenty of power and room in the driver seat to get comfortable.

Piece of Junk!
By Kim Oleman on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Windstar with 30,000 miles. We have had it 6 months. The electric seat adjuster went out the next day. The locks went out 1 month after purchase. The right sliding door does not stay shut at times. And now the transmission went out at 53,000 miles. I have never been so unhappy with a vehicle.