2001 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:
Windstar SEL 2001
By Wonderman on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle. A little short on power and inside conveniences but very reliable and great gas mileage. Just bought a 2003 as a matter of fact.

No problems, Yet?
By contented customer on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far, no problems. I have heard horror stories about this 3.8 engine blowing head gaskets, hopefully they have fixed that problem. Vehicle is everything I thought it was supposed to be, being a minivan and all. Dual auto- sliding doors make it useful with 2 little ones. Don't think there is one thing that has gone bad in this vehicle, other than the VCR for some reason won't pull out. Not that it matters since I'd rather it stay where it is. The rear reverse sensors do get annoying as it does beep alot even when nothing is behind the vehicle. I just hope that everything continues working as great as it has been.

disappointed to say the least
By anewman on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

virtually every feature on the windstar that is supposed to make my life easier has broken down. we have had our new van in the shop about 10 times for recalls or repairs. very disappointed

Solid Performance
By galott on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I like the Windstar's interior and the van is great for our 3 kids. The only down side I have found so far is the van could use a bigger engine. Only has 190 hp.

Oh My Gosh! (Oh Henry! Where Art Thou?)
By Stan The Man on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe how my opinion of Ford products has changed. I currently own two Ford products. (A 2000 Lincoln LS Sport, 2001 Windstar SEL). This is the worst any vehicles have ever performed for me. The van has been recalled 5 times so far, and the check engine light is on now at only 11,000 miles and regular service. The van rides well, is not as noisy as some would say, but has proven very unreliable thus far. I never thought I would feel this way. Oh why in the name of Henry Ford has this happened?