Windstar - Quality is Job none!
By Parents of Three on
2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan
Bought 2000 Windstar new. Day1, heard clunking transmission when shifting. Dealer said it's fine. At 54k miles, transmission died. I had original complaint documented. They gave us a break - still cost me $800. 5 minutes later, transmission died again. Cost $100 deductible plus other $125 transmission problem they said not related. Yeah right! At 63k miles the front spring broke. Cost $925 for 2 springs, alignment, etc. Had that back 3 days and the ABS/Brakes lights went on. Took it back - $1157 quote for "Modules." No way I'm paying them that. Dealer/Ford gave no other help. Please research before buying or get extended warranty. I'm trading for Sienna or Odyssey this weekend. Should not have so many problems at 63k miles.
Favorite Features
Dual air in back and front. A lot of room in this van.
Suggested Improvements
Ford should stand behind their vehicle and fix quality control issues. Check market share of American cars vs Nissan, Toyota, Honda. It's not just a coincidence US car share is going down, and those others are going up. We just don't want to fix our cars all the time.