2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: STAY AWAY

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

SEL Passenger Minivan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

STAY AWAY
By JWM on

2000 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

Simply the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Bought with 38K and only have 50k now. I have replaced the front axle, rear shocks (twice), front shocks and struts, and sway bars and it still feels like we are surfing. I have also fixed the brake sensor (twice), rear brakes and rotors, power steering pump, various gaskets, and the transmission had to be rebuilt and left my family stranded on our vacation. Driving it home from having the transmission rebuilt, the check engine light came on again. The front seat belt doesn't work properly and the power switch for the front seat has been broken for about a year. Even with the extended, this van is costing us money. Please don't ever buy this van.

None. This is a horrible van. Don't ever buy this van. Ford should be ashamed and embarrassed to have put this vehicle on the road. I will never purchase a Ford again in my life.

Ford should stop building automobiles if this is the quality they will continue putting out. Most people seem to have the same complaints: transmission, power steering pump, terrible suspension, and electrical problems.