2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: Run As Fast As You Can!

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Run As Fast As You Can!
By Angry Dad on

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

Bought used in 2003 with 54k on it. I have paid double for this van. In five years I have rebuilt the entire steering system, including springs and struts. The tranny went out at 105K. The intake seals had to be redone. Every time I get my annual inspection it costs me $500-$700. The cost of inspection is only $65. Parts are expensive and do not last. This van has no battery or alternator lamps. Van will just die if you have an electrical problem. Left me stranded on vacation with my 3 kids on the highway. Now at 8 years old, the rocker panels and doors are rusted out. The side of my van looks like swiss cheese. I was advised to just drive it til it dies. Not worth repairing.

Color (Sage Green), comfortable and OK power.

Built better products. Ford thought they could fool people with the all new Ford Freestar in 2005. Same crappy van just different lights and dash. Ford just needs to go away. Every Ford I have owned stunk (Fairmont, Escort, Tempo, Windstar). Enough said.