Not very impressed
By Not very impressed on
2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan
At first I loved the van but then it started. 1st the back speakers started going out. Dealer said the pins just needed buffed. Next, check engine light started coming on & eventually going off. Now it goes on everyday after work. Another known problem w/ no resolution. I still have the speaker issue & 1000 miles after warranty, my trans went costing me $$. Mechanics claimed it was a common error and do not understand why Ford does not cover/recall on the issue.(not big enough issue to recall) I have learned to live with my problems. I am ready to buy a new van. I know my next van will not be a Ford (1st time in 15 years I have not bought Ford)
Favorite Features
The option of the back seat stereo unit where the kids can plug in and listen to their own thing while I listen to my own station is awesome. Will miss greatly in my next vehicle
Suggested Improvements
Ford backing the product even 20 to 30% of the time. Most of the time, options & features do not get a sale. Customers past expierence & satisfaction will bring them back. I feel for the dealers since it is Ford Corp. that doesn't back the product. The dealers lose.