2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: comfortable but undependable

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

comfortable but undependable
By Tony on

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought van with a little over 26,000 miles. I also purchased the extended warranty from Ford to cover for 5 yrs. Or 75k miles. I had to use warranty multiple times for head gasket, intake manifold leak, a/c, and other smaller issues. After the warranty ran out I have had Major brake problems and another manifold leak and now it is in the shop with Major transmission problems at 109,000 miles. I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. I also think Ford has lost any future business of mine this is the fourth product from them that I have had to put out more money on than any other type of vehicles I have owned.

It has plenty of room for our family and the motor does have good acceleration even when fully loaded for vacations or hauling.

Drivetrain and a/c issues are too frequent and costly. Ford needs to take lessons from overseas (Toyota, Honda and Nissan) on how to make products more dependable.