2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: I like it so far

2000 Ford Windstar - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I like it so far
By kbarno on

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

I used to own a 1995 Ford Aerostar with 220,000 miles & sold it to a friend. He has done minimal work to it and it's still running. So I bought a Windstar. The washer fluid sprayer on the back window doesn't work, and I've had to replace a windshield due to a rock ding. It needs the plugs done but that's expected at 112,000 miles; other than that I'm happy. The clunky noise in the tranny seems to be a normal Ford thing. The Aerostar sounded like that for years and at the mileage it had, the tranny still ran strong. Overall I hope to have the same luck with the Windstar, because at this time I'm happy with it.

Lots of room, have 3 kids and a hubby that's 6'5" and he drives it comfortably (with the cup holder in) and it keeps all the kid's goodies.

The drivers seat could stand to be a lot more comfortable, and the cupholder in the front of the van can't support a bottle of soda; they fall out every time you turn. The wipers skip on the windshield, despite buying the wipers with the weights on them. And yes the tranny is a little clunky.